2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members
The only way it could possibly be tainted was if Celtic won by <10 point margin and then it would be marked down in the history books with Rangers having an * against their name due to the administration points deduction. They won it fair and square over the piece.

I'd much rather it read -

SPL Champions 2011/2012 - Celtic

Runners up - Rangers*

* No longer an active club.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome Easter weekend, Glasgow Celtic Champions :laugh:

At the end of the day Celtic won it fair and square, they came back from the brink and then went on their unbeaten run.

What's happening at the other end of Glasgow is all their own doing.

So what does everyone think of the fucking idiotic plans to let a newco back into the SPL? Is it really worth damaging the integrity of the Scottish game for a lifetime for the sake of a few years cash?

So what does everyone think of the fucking idiotic plans to let a newco back into the SPL? Is it really worth damaging the integrity of the Scottish game for a lifetime for the sake of a few years cash?

To be honest, if there's no Europe for three years, and they're going to get a third of their points deducted along with 75% of TV/prize money cut, then for their own sake they'd probably be just as well applying for the 3rd division and working their way up. That could at least reduce their red-neck slightly and it would get the newly formed club off to a fairer, more honest start.

It would obviously be scandalous if a newco was admitted straight into the SPL, but it looks like Integrity's out the window and it'll happen anyway, as we all suspected. It will then create another massive issue. Allowing them in is effectively conceding that they are a continuation of the oldco, in which case, the newco should be obliged to pay every penny of the debts to creditors, however long that takes.

If they can't shamefully weasel out with one of these CVA's, and have to liquidate thus default on their debt, then the newco must be completely disassociated from OldRangers in all respects. If they want to associate with, act as a continuation of, and enjoy privileges based on their connection with the oldco, then they must honour their debts.

They can't have it both ways.

I'm sitting here still trying to work out what Lennon's complaining about? What a red neck he is.

Maybe a bit of consistenacy in the refs decision making? If the Ledley one is a penalty, the one Celtic got turned down is as well. Both would have been very harsh awards.

Hooper was just offside yes, but its the linesman that has (wrongly) not given that not the referee.

In saying that Celtic wouldnt have deserved to go through as they didnt turn up at all

I'm so hungover that I actually didn't make the game in spite of having a ticket, but the penalty was a fucking joke. Haraga, you are at it with your "blatantly offside" comment. Only with the benefit of a forensic replay was it apparent that Hooper was marginally offside. It was a tough call. It wasn't a tough call for him when he blew for a pen instantly.

We weren't great today, but screw these "Hearts deserved the win" platitudes. They didn't, just like the League Cup final.

I'm so hungover that I actually didn't make the game in spite of having a ticket, but the penalty was a fucking joke. Haraga, you are at it with your "blatantly offside" comment. Only with the benefit of a forensic replay was it apparent that Hooper was marginally offside. It was a tough call. It wasn't a tough call for him when he blew for a pen instantly.

We weren't great today, but screw these "Hearts deserved the win" platitudes. They didn't, just like the League Cup final.

I thought it was offside when I seen it as did numerous others. And even if it WAS a "forensic replay" which is fucking pathetic wording anyways given the circumstances, it was still offside. It was still evened out and you still got beaten.

Question btw... why the fuck were Ledley's hands where they were? Covering his face from a shot going into the stands?

EDIT: Oh, and I agree, it was probably a game Celtic should have won, but they never took their chances. I've never had sympathy for ANY side that doesn't take their chances.

How was it evened out if we were denied a penalty two minutes later for the exact same thing?

Because if all decisions were awarded correctly the only legitimate goal scored would've been Skacel's. No problem with that line of reasoning.

However, the questioning of Ledley to imply he's somewhat at fault and gave the ref a decision to make is absurd, his reaction was entirely instinctive and normal. He's blameless.

Archived