2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely their most hollow victory of all time though?

Must do better.

As hollow as all the titles they were winning on the last day of the season with money that was not the clubs to spend.

The history books should be rewritten. That goes down as far as Queen of the South.

Why does nobody call it what it was? Criminal and cheating. It seems it is just dressed up as being a bit short on cash.

Surely their most hollow victory of all time though?

Must do better.

As hollow as all the titles they were winning on the last day of the season with money that was not the clubs to spend.

Are you talking about Rangers or Celtic here?

A "tainted" title would be evading tax to free up more money for better players.

Our title is every bit as sweet as it would be if there was no points deduction. Simple arithmetic tells you we would still be ahead.

Glasgow Celtic Champions.

At least Rangers just evaded tax rather than spending IRA money, plus as i pointed out to a Rangers fan yesterday, winning the jock league is an achievement on the level of me walking down the street, for some reason it didn't cheer him up

Would you care to produce a list of who spent this money on what? In the most forensic detail you can, please.

At least Rangers just evaded tax rather than spending IRA money, plus as i pointed out to a Rangers fan yesterday, winning the jock league is an achievement on the level of me walking down the street, for some reason it didn't cheer him up

Would you care to produce a list of who spent this money on what? In the most forensic detail you can, please.

Nope

• Paid Members

Do you pride yourself on being a total fucking ignoramus in football threads on here or what? Because in every other thread you're alright. How does that work?

As FUM said, Celtic are champions on merit. When you consider that we were 15 points behind on the 5th November and were two clear at the top by 28th December, that shows you the endeavour of this team. Even after Rangers' point deduction, we would still be 8 points clear. We've won the most games, scored the most and conceded the least.

After so long without the title, you are damn right we are going to celebrate it.

Archived