2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

Am...are Celtic not known the world over there as being a club with a massive following in Ireland and also having a bit part of their history/beginnings from there though?

See, was that so hard?

Why were Rangers charging

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No complaints abotu the result or the ref's on field performance from me. Thought all 3 reds were justified. Celtic just weren't as up for it as Rangers were, you could see from the off they were absolutely determiend not to lose the game.

I know we only have Neil Lennon's word for it at this stage but it seems to me that managers are being sent to the stand for ridiculously small offences. Stuart McCall's was the same, he apparently only said "You'll be embarassed to see that on tv." Referees refusing to talk to managers after a game is a nonsense IMO. Even in an amateur game if I've sent a club offical away I'll almost always see them in my room after the game unless I feel there's a chance I could be threatened or attacked. Given the number of poilce and security and the profile of the game I don't really think there was much chance of Lennon malkying Calum Murray...

There has to be a photo of him handing over the cheque. It will be fucking hilarious if there is a photo. :laugh:

BTW, are is every creditor not supposed to be treated the same and form an orderly queue depending on the importance of the debt. Don't understand how they can just pick and choose who they are paying.

There has to be a photo of him handing over the cheque. It will be fucking hilarious if there is a photo. :laugh:

BTW, are is every creditor not supposed to be treated the same and form an orderly queue depending on the importance of the debt. Don't understand how they can just pick and choose who they are paying.

They can because the RFFF isn't actually Rangers FC, It's a fan organisation that is paying debts on the club's behalf. They have no moral or legal right to pay anyone.

They can because the RFFF isn't actually Rangers FC, It's a fan organisation that is paying debts on the club's behalf. They have no moral or legal right to pay anyone.

Still, it's a bit desperate dressing it up as a great deed for a poor wee club in need of money. They're getting what they are due. In this article, I actually sympathise with their snub of Dundee Utd believe it or not. As someone who travels to most away games I would have been furious if I had to pay again for a match that got abandoned due to weather at half time (were Rangers not winning as well?)

Dundee Utd statement:

http://www.arabtrust.co.uk/current/?598-statement

Statement

Posted Thursday 29th March 2012

After being asked by several media outlets for comment, here is ArabTRUST's response to several reports from last night and this morning in relation to a statement made by Rangers Fans Fighting Fund Chairman Andrew McCormick.

"We fail to see why the current situation at Rangers should be used, by some, to fuel divisions between rival sets of supporters. This cannot be good for the game.

However, with regard to the comments in respect of the abandoned match at Tannadice, the Club advised that the decision to charge less than half price admission to both home and away fans for the replayed match referred to was due to extenuating circumstances, particularly the police and stewarding costs associated with any match involving an Old Firm club. Any residual amount over and above the operational costs of staging the match was reported as donated to the United for Kids appeal.

"Far from being "disdainful", the Club's actions were supported by the SPL and, indeed, in the Sheriff Court when challenged by one Rangers supporters' club. However in view of the Fighting Fund's stated reason for not paying Dundee United, it is somewhat ironic that their funds, donated by supporters, are now being used to settle the amount owed by their club for tickets which they, the supporters, had already paid for.

The football authorities must now take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that the rules of their competitions, including those involving financial fair play and settlement, are fully complied with to avoid further disputes and unnecessary tension between fans."

Derek Robertson, ArabTRUST Chairman

Martin Bain has dropped his legal action against Rangers according to the BBc website. He's saying that the action was against Craig Whyte not Rangers and so he's dropping it.

There's a rumour being going around the last week or so of an e-mail involving Bain and another individual discussing EBT's and "shredding". Just a rumour of course.

It could also be a sign that Rangers are heading for liquidation and Bain doesn't want involved. Either way, his reasoning doesn't make sense as Craig Whyte still owns Rangers regardless of who is running it.

Sorry for double post, but Channel 4 news just reported the story I said was going round of Bain benefiting from EBT's and wanting a document discussing the one he received being shredded.

• Paid Members

A fantastic performance by Aberdeen today. Exactly what we needed going into the semi-final next weekend.

Although Darren Mackie has probably played his way into the starting XI :unsure:

For all the ridiculous shite about Dundee Uniteds Gary Mackay-Steven in the media this week he followed it up with a terrible performance today too. :laugh:

• Paid Members

Glad too see the Celts win the league. Always reminds me of when I worked in McDonalds in a protestant area of Norn Iron when a group of lads in Rangers tops told me too get my hair cut and I turn round and went three in a row and they were gobsmacked, good tyms <3

Archived