2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I realize each person is an individual; it just strikes me as slightly strange that a set of fans would be quite known for waving the flag of a foreign country at football matches unless they were actually from there.

Richie, please leave the thread and come back when you have a clue what your talking about.

Or instead the OF can get rid of this idiotic utter drivvel of "Oh, our ancestors were Irish settlers" and realise YOU'RE A SCOTTISH CLUB YOU FUCKING PRICKS.

• Paid Members
Yeah, I realize each person is an individual; it just strikes me as slightly strange that a set of fans would be quite known for waving the flag of a foreign country at football matches unless they were actually from there.

Richie, please leave the thread and come back when you have a clue what your talking about.

Why don't you answer the question instead? If he knew what he was talking about, he wouldn't have asked it, would he?

Celtic have strong links to Ireland as the club was set up by an Irishman in the East End of Glasgow which has a large Irish immigrant population. A lot of people fly the tricolour because their Great Granda was from Ireland much like when the yanks say their a "third scotch." Some people even claim their Irish because they own the Father Ted Boxset. To be honest, it's a massive load of shite, much like when Rangers fans are banging on about Northern Ireland.

Why don't you answer the question instead? If he knew what he was talking about, he wouldn't have asked it, would he?

Am...are Celtic not known the world over there as being a club with a massive following in Ireland and also having a bit part of their history/beginnings from there though?

• Paid Members
Am...are Celtic not known the world over there as being a club with a massive following in Ireland and also having a bit part of their history/beginnings from there though?

See, was that so hard?

Well that was quite disappointing. I am amazed we didn't get absolutely pumped once we were down to nine men. Cha once again costs us dearly. I think his laughing at his own mistakes is a defence mechanism. He really is a tit. It doesn't give a good impression, especially against your biggest rivals. I'm sure that was his first derby game, and no wonder. Even when he was on Rangers were putting everything down his side. He doesn't have a football brain, which is even more dangerous when you consider how much of the ball Celtic's full backs get.

I'm not that gutted in all honesty. It's disappointing throwing away the opportunity to make history but it's Celtic we're on about, we were probably destined to blow it. Still another derby game to come where I think Celtic could possibly win quite comfortably. The "what if" feeling definitely hangs over this game though. 3-2 flattered both teams in my opinion.

Wilson is made of glass and will probably never re-establish himself in the Celtic team. Which is a shame because last season was definitely his best for us, he was an important part of the team. He was in the team at the beginning of the season but poor performances saw Matthews come in. He was also set to go to Leeds on loan in January but something happened and that fell through.

I would say the right back slot is Adam Matthews' now but even with the good year he has had, he's not perfect. It doesn't help to have him moved to left back to facilitate Cha. I really wonder what the deal with Izaguirre is. Last year's player of the year by some distance and this year, he can't even get back into the team after his injury. We're even playing Mulgrew and Ledley out of position instead. Something's amiss there.

• Paid Members

See, was that so hard?

Why were Rangers charging

Archived