2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members
The other part is though Rick, they are breaking the players contracts by making wage cuts, unless they re-sign long term deals on these wages which is unlikely, thus in the summer they would be able to walk for free, which means the club is losing assets of

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The other part is though Rick, they are breaking the players contracts by making wage cuts, unless they re-sign long term deals on these wages which is unlikely, thus in the summer they would be able to walk for free, which means the club is losing assets of

I've seen a lot of pissing and crying in the last couple of hours from Rangers fans demanding to know why the SFA hasn't shown any sympathy for a member club being duped by a conman like Craig Whyte. Why is it that now, in the eleventh and darkest hour of the club's history, that these people come out of the woodwork? He was the Whyte Knight as recently as a couple of months ago who possessed "wealth off the radar" and would save the club from the brink.

Don't say nobody tried to warn you, because the warning signs were there the minute Whyte landed on the scene and for subsequent months after. Not even from 'rebel' journalists or Twitter-based Celtic websites: I'm talking about the likes of Graham Spiers, the BBC etc. It's hard to feel sympathy for fans who stared at their own demise for so long and laughed it off because it just couldn't happen to the Rangers.

I've seen a lot of pissing and crying in the last couple of hours from Rangers fans demanding to know why the SFA hasn't shown any sympathy for a member club being duped by a conman like Craig Whyte. Why is it that now, in the eleventh and darkest hour of the club's history, that these people come out of the woodwork? He was the Whyte Knight as recently as a couple of months ago who possessed "wealth off the radar" and would save the club from the brink.

Don't say nobody tried to warn you, because the warning signs were there the minute Whyte landed on the scene and for subsequent months after. Not even from 'rebel' journalists or Twitter-based Celtic websites: I'm talking about the likes of Graham Spiers, the BBC etc. It's hard to feel sympathy for fans who stared at their own demise for so long and laughed it off because it just couldn't happen to the Rangers.

Don't forget that existing board members gave some pretty dire warnings too. Not that they can realistically be trusted, what with the whole

I may have missed it but has any of the media, at any point, actually wrote up an article criticising that Rangers basically stole from tax payers. Would any other company not get this point highlighted?

• Paid Members
I may have missed it but has any of the media, at any point, actually wrote up an article criticising that Rangers basically stole from tax payers. Would any other company not get this point highlighted?

Not sure anyone is dodging the issue. The media will be waiting for hearing into this dodgy tax scam. They'll get a pounding in due course I'm sure.

All players have agreed a wage cut now according to twitter, just waiting for it to be signed off. Be interesting to see if they've written it off, it's been deferred, contracts re-written or what?

Not sure anyone is dodging the issue. The media will be waiting for hearing into this dodgy tax scam. They'll get a pounding in due course I'm sure.

Do you see much of the Scottish media?

Clearly not. The Scottish media are too scared to blast anyone, including my own club Dundee who didn't pay the PAYE to HMRC for 3 months last season, we should have been slaughtered IMO more than we were, but very little was said of it.

• Paid Members

You obviously aren't aware of the laptop loyal, this is a good place to start - http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/on-the-record/

• Paid Members

Well obviously not. No-one is dodging the issue down here though, it's come up a lot but no-one knows the outcome.

Up there it's obviously going to be different. You'll alienate a third of your readership if you criticise Celtic or Rangers.

• Paid Members
Up there it's obviously going to be different. You'll alienate a third of your readership if you criticise Celtic or Rangers.

Exactly, It's hilarious to see the reaction when on the rare occasion a journalist with no agenda like say, Graham Spiers dares to criticise either of the Old Firm. He's either a "Hun bastard" or a "Tim sympathiser".

The west-coast media is a joke and has been for years.

Archived