2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers players fail to reach agreement over pay cuts to save players jobs

Full article, source is STV News

Definately going to see some contracts getting ripped up then, who does everyone think is likely to go?

Looking at their squad I'm thinking;

Papac

Broadfoot

McKay

Bedoya

Healy

Aluko

Celik

Kerkar

Bartley (loan terminated)

are all likely candidates of players with not enough value to justify keeping them until to window opens and they can sell them but are likely to be on substantial enough wages to make getting rid of them worthwhile.

uBQLW.gif

I hope the SPL beaks have a look at this from Blackman on Saturday. A Lafferty moment if there ever was one.

Hope it's a life ban, he's fucking rotten. Was good to see Charlie Mulgrew tell him to fuck up and get up.

EDIT: Removed rumour confirmed as false.

Apparently the Rangers Legends vs AC Milan Legends Charity match at Ibrox is now for the club.

I guess that's the right thing to do after all those homeless children and poverty stricken Africans really should have been more responsible with their own money.

uBQLW.gif

I hope the SPL beaks have a look at this from Blackman on Saturday. A Lafferty moment if there ever was one.

Blackman was a complete prat for us, and has had trials everywhere.

Was driving without a license with us amongst other misdemeanours and was rightly bombed out.

Awful awful player

I felt sorry for Blackman at the weekend but I question Lennon's decision to give him and Lustig their debuts away to Aberdeen. It seemed quite naive. I think Lustig will have some part to play in the squad but for me, Matthews is still the main man at right back. I can't understand why Cha keeps coming in and out of the team. At his age, Matthews should be playing every game.

• Paid Members
I felt sorry for Blackman at the weekend but I question Lennon's decision to give him and Lustig their debuts away to Aberdeen. It seemed quite naive. I think Lustig will have some part to play in the squad but for me, Matthews is still the main man at right back. I can't understand why Cha keeps coming in and out of the team. At his age, Matthews should be playing every game.

Cha really is an awful footballer. A pretty good athlete undoubtedly, but a footballer - no.

Cha really is an awful footballer. A pretty good athlete undoubtedly, but a footballer - no.

Agreed. He is a bit of a specimen and he will always get to the by-line, but his crossing is terrible. Not to mention that Hooper and Stokes don't tend to feed off high balls anyway. Cha really lacks a football brain; he is always either one step ahead or behind the play, and can't keep up with the footballers in our team. Which is really reductive when you consider how much of the ball Celtic's full-backs see.

I really rated Andy Hinkel, he was a menace going forward but he wasn't the best defensively. Adam Matthews seems to have all the tools. He actually reminds me a little bit of Jackie McNamara.

Blackman was pish on saturday and that prat fall was just embarassing. Have heard from someone who works at Celtic Park that he's a complete tit who swaggers around as though he's a star player.

Latest on the BBC website is that the administrators have rejected the latest offer fromt he squad and the redundancies could be more than 11. The nly players I'd say are safe are Naismith, Lafferty, Davis, McGregor, Goian, Bocanegra and Whittaker. Other than that pretty much all of them must be shitting themselves.

Archived