2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

I didn't head up to Pittodrie today but saw the game on TV. It wasn't the best hangover cure. I think we look knackered just now and everybody needs a couple of days off before preparing for the Scottish Cup game. The run was going to come to an end at some point so I'm glad we managed to draw and stay unbeaten. Aberdeen were well worth a point and maybe even edged the game.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I didn't head up to Pittodrie today but saw the game on TV. It wasn't the best hangover cure. I think we look knackered just now and everybody needs a couple of days off before preparing for the Scottish Cup game. The run was going to come to an end at some point so I'm glad we managed to draw and stay unbeaten. Aberdeen were well worth a point and maybe even edged the game.

You missed Scott Brown big time today I thought. I was worried we would be on the end of a spanking from Celtic today, so to come away with a point and being disappointed not to get more is a surprise.

I've got to say Gavin Rae had a brilliant game for us and was easily man of the match for me. Who did the ESPN give MOTM to?

Surely any myth about a "tainted title" is being dispelled now that Rangers are getting beat pretty much every week?

And that's without letting any players go so they can't even blame that.

I honestly fear for Neil Lennon's and a lot of our fans safety if Ibrox is a title decider.

You missed Scott Brown big time today I thought. I was worried we would be on the end of a spanking from Celtic today, so to come away with a point and being disappointed not to get more is a surprise.

I've got to say Gavin Rae had a brilliant game for us and was easily man of the match for me. Who did the ESPN give MOTM to?

I don't think they gave one. It wouldn't be like Craig Burley to admit that anyone had a good game, especially in the SPL.

Surely any myth about a "tainted title" is being dispelled now that Rangers are getting beat pretty much every week?

I honestly fear for Neil Lennon's and a lot of our fans safety if Ibrox is a title decider.

Way rangers are playing,title will be decided long before ibrox

That's not mathematically possible mate. The earliest we can win the title is at Ibrox.

That's not mathematically possible mate. The earliest we can win the title is at Ibrox.

That was the case 2 games ago, surely rangers keep losing, and Celtic gaining more points brings league win closer?

Not massively relevant to this thread but he represented in a lot of footballers cases and was involved in the Neil Lennon saga. Paul McBride QC has been found dead in a hotel room in Pakistan. His family say he died in his sleep.

Ah that makes sense, going to be an interesting day then!

Seen the Paul mcbride news on twitter, had a nervous wait on it loading as I was suspecting something more sinister and football related to how he passed.

Taken from another forum. How things would look if Rangers were stripped of trophies and cups dating back to 1990.

Adjusted League Winners

1990 - Aberdeen

1991 - Aberdeen

1992 - Hearts

1993 - Aberdeen

1994 - Aberdeen

1995 - Motherwell

Celtic finished 2nd on 9 different occasions since.

Scottish Cup

1992 - Airdrie (Who?)

1993 - Aberdeen

1996 - Hearts

1999 - Celtic

2000 - Aberdeen

2002- Celtic

2003 - Dundee

2008 - Queen of the South

2009 - Falkirk

League Cup

1991 - Celtic

1993 - Aberdeen

1994 - Hibernian

1997 - Hearts

1999 - St Johnstone

2002 - Ayr Utd

2003 - Celtic

2005 - Motherwell

2008 - Dundee Utd

2010 - St Mirren

2011 - Celtic

• Paid Members
Taken from another forum. How things would look if Rangers were stripped of trophies and cups dating back to 1990.

Scottish Cup

1992 - Airdrie (Who?)

Airdrie had quite the team around that time. They also made the final in 1995, where they had a soccer slugfest against Celtic.

Scottish Cup

1992 - Airdrie (Who?)

Airdrie had quite the team around that time. They also made the final in 1995, where they had a soccer slugfest against Celtic.

Celtic's first silverware in the financial doping era.

Archived