2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chief Executive sets the record straight

By: Newsroom Staff on 01 Mar, 2012 16:01

CELTIC Chief Executive Peter Lawwell has today set the record straight with an open letter to the Daily Record newspaper, following a number of stories concerning tickets for the game against Rangers at Ibrox on March 25.

The open letter will appear on the Daily Record website today (Thursday) and will also be printed in a prominent position in Friday

and will abide by the rules of the Scottish Premier League.

I like to see this as a small dig. :D

Jim Traynor has just called Lawwell a liar on Clyde, I know who I believe.

Both.

This. i think it's more or less accept amongest our support now that we'll lose players.

Oh and if anybody is in any doubt of how much the SPL (with the exception of Celtic) needs Rangers, just look at Dunfermline's situation after one failed payment.

What are your thoughts on the whole situation Ally?

do you think you shouldn't pay your taxes as the SPL needs you?

I'm looking at it in a totally selfish way to be honest. I just want us to come out at the other end regardless of who gets their money and who doesn't. If it was happening to celtic and they got out of the situation by dodging millions of debt and bills then I'd be raging so I fully accept that people will be up in arms if we survive by only paying a small percentage of the debt. When it came out about Dunfermline I was genuinley embarassed that our situation has lead to people at other clubs not being able to receive their full wages and more than likely there will be a few redundancies at the likes of Dunfermline too.

Apparently TBO are organise a boycott of our away game to Dundee Utd and instead they are going to the Dunfermline home game (against St Mirren, I think?) instead to attempt to help pay some of the money we owe them. But TBO are usually full of shit and the boycotts they've organized before (against Dundee Utd aswell, I think) have come to nothing.

The administrators have today applied to the courts to have 3.6Million frozen at one of Whyte's companies. And are also chasing him for 9M that was "Contractually agreed" during the takeover. I very much doubt we'll ever see any of it.

I don't think Whyte realized when he took over that he'll never be able to show his face in Glasgow again if he sends us down the drain. He'll be a dead man walking. That's not a threat from me, but some banjo will find him and do him over. I'm certain of that.

Surely the new biggest news is the stuff Hugh Adam was saying about the years of EBTs and improper registration of players. We all knew Rangers were rotten to the core, but surely someone in the SFA should have noticed this ages ago. Turns out years of "paranoia" turned were pretty well placed.

Celtic should have collecting tins at the gates of homes games from now until the end of the season to support the teams that are struggling due to Rangers' shiteness.

Duff And Phelps Statement

Fri, Mar 2, 2012

Tweet

DUFF and Phelps, the administrators of Rangers Football Club, issued the following statement today.

Paul Clark, joint administrator, said: "We appreciate this has been an extremely difficult week for all the staff of Rangers Football Club and the supporters.

"As administrators, we had anticipated completing our review of staffing levels and cost structure of the Rangers business this week but the participation of a number of players in international fixtures did interrupt the process.

"In short, the Rangers business is trading at a substantial loss and we have no alternative but to fill an approximate

• Paid Members
Jim White says, "As if Rangers fans haven't done enough."

God forbid they ask the fans to support the team Jim. He really is a clown.

What exactly have the fans done? all I've seen is them pledge some monopoly money to a website and dream up stupid ways to donate money that will never work. The contrast between them and Portsmouth is staggering, maybe it's because they are "the people",

Archived