2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

Where did this Jelly and Ice cream thing come from, as a way of mocking Rangers? Is it a weegie thing?

As with most Celtic songs, it's stolen from English teams. "jelly & ice cream when fergie dies"

The add ons, as with most songs sung in Scotland, are a Scottish invention

What add ons for fuck sake? Or have you just decided because it is Scotland, their must be an add on? Get a grip.

Also, if you look into most of the songs we now sing. The majority come from places like Germany and Switzerland.

Get a grip, add ons as in pass the parcel etc, it used to be a straight one line chat. Mope!

Liverpools in Germany now, every days a school day! And Manchester where you stole the already stolen poznans backwards bounce from must be in Switzerland! But then again our support think glasgows in the republic of Ireland, so guess its easy to be confused where things come from.

Us doing the poznan/huddle in 2008. We took it from Denmark, as we seen Copenhagen doing it when we played them. City can fuck off with their theft claims of that. The proof is there.

Also you must have missed the line "majority". We do have more than two things that we do. We hardly even sing You'll Never Walk Alone anymore either.

Lastly, apologies on the add ons part, I thought you meant that as in sectarian chants.

I'm a Hun who avoids gers games due to the shite that's sung. Celtic have done wonders eradicating the non football shite mostly away.

More bothered about Liverpool stealing "we'll be coming from Scotland" :(

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed a lot more of your fans avoiding games due to the stuff that's sung. David Begg was on the radio praising the shit out your support yesterday. "Rangers fans in fine voice," while "The tims are shagging weans" was getting belted out. The media should be taking half the blame on it.

I've noticed a lot more of your fans avoiding games due to the stuff that's sung. David Begg was on the radio praising the shit out your support yesterday. "Rangers fans in fine voice," while "The tims are shagging weans" was getting belted out. The media should be taking half the blame on it.

What exactly is wrong with this song? It's factually correct. So why do you's all take the hump over it. You's go on about how you are proud of your history and you sing songs about your history. The child abuse is part of your history too, unfortunately.

Same with the word "Fenian". We're getting investigated because we sang about Ian Brines being one, yet wee dittys about "Paddy McCourt's fenian army" are ignored. And you're quite happy dancing about and singing with Paul McGowan about Fenians too.

• Paid Members

What exactly is wrong with this song? It's factually correct. So why do you's all take the hump over it. You's go on about how you are proud of your history and you sing songs about your history. The child abuse is part of your history too, unfortunately.

By that logic it means songs about the Ibrox Disaster/Ian Durrant/Davie Cooper are fine too then. They are disgusting and out of order but are factually correct?

What exactly is wrong with this song?

I've won this argument by not even responding.

By that logic it means songs about the Ibrox Disaster/Ian Durrant/Davie Cooper are fine too then. They are disgusting and out of order but are factually correct?

But these songs don't exist apparently? Everybody denies ever singing them.

What exactly is wrong with this song?

I've won this argument by not even responding.

Too right. At this rate, people disrupting the minute's silence for Jim Baxter will be getting wheeled out.

• Paid Members

Motherwell would never be allowed into the Champions League Qualifiers with that stadium, right? Mostly due to the parking problems no doubt. Streets between the actual stadium and the houses across the road from it are unbelievably tight.

Got to love the shite thats posted in here...

Its okay to sing about its because its true. Give it a rest. We could all wear tinted speaks and not see the big picture but the facts are Rangers are in huge problems and really need their fans to be bigger people (Be the people they always claim to be.) and fight for their club... Sing songs about football and what their club means to them...

I know what songs do it for me at celtic park...

The reportage in the last couple of days concerning Celtic's refusal to pay Rangers up front for the derby game on the 25th is an absolute disgrace. Words like "reneged", "moved the goalposts". Even worse are the Rangers Supporter's Trust who have the downright temerity to accuse Celtic of being "juvenile" in the matter. Why would Celtic give the money over before there's any guarantee the game will go ahead? Have Dunfermline, Hearts or Dundee Utd received a penny of what they are owed yet? To me, the media are trying to whip fans into a frenzy and add even more fuel to the fire of Celtic potentially (and bloody well hopefully) winning the league at Ibrox.

I think it's got more to do with them all just being butthurt that Celtic turned a seemingly insurmountable points deficit into a fairly commanding lead before Rangers fell apart like the chumps that they are and now they're trying to salvage something from it by claiming Celtic are being "sore winners" or "unsupportive" or "unhelpful" or foolish for not pulling all the stops out to save Rangers from their own stupidity/incompetence/criminality.

I'll say it again. Buy Murray Park, rename it Walfrid Park and use it to develop some young talent. We might even be able to loan some of them back to Rangers, just so they can fulfil their fixtures. We can also buy Ibrox and lease it back to them. No-one could then accuse us of not trying to help.

• Paid Members

I found it hilarious that Rangers and their fans (No-one likes them, they don't care remember) are in uproar over this ticket issue.

It must really sting to have to go cap-in-hand to the "bead rattling, tottie-munchers etc" begging for money up front. :laugh:

I'll say it again. Buy Murray Park, rename it Brother Walfrid Park and use it to develop some young talent. We might even be able to loan some of them back to Rangers, just so they can fulfil their fixtures. We can also buy Ibrox and lease it back to them. No-one could then accuse us of not trying to help.

Fixed ;)

Archived