2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

David Murray will be a Rangers owner again.

I had that exact same thought today actually. Last I read Murray was still fucked financially though so I don't think he's in any position to do it. He might come back as a figurehead for someone else I suppose.

Wouldn't shock me if Whyte ends up doing a Ken Bates and buys the club back from the Administrators for a fraction of the debt we owe.

Most likely scenario is that he is the main creditor, so can push through a CVA through at 1p in the pound or the likes, and can essentially wipe their debt.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had that exact same thought today actually. Last I read Murray was still fucked financially though so I don't think he's in any position to do it. He might come back as a figurehead for someone else I suppose.

Wouldn't shock me if Whyte ends up doing a Ken Bates and buys the club back from the Administrators for a fraction of the debt we owe.

Most likely scenario is that he is the main creditor, so can push through a CVA through at 1p in the pound or the likes, and can essentially wipe their debt.

He'll only be the main creditor if they win the tax case(s). Lose, and Hector calls the shots. i.e the cheats will be buggered.

In such an event......

photofic.jpg

• Paid Members

Craig Whyte on SSN earlier.

Jim White: "Where is all the money, Craig!!?? WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY!!??"

Jim: "Are you willing to invest?"

Craig Whyte: "Within reason..."

So that'll be a no then.

:laugh: :laugh:

He'll only be the main creditor if they win the tax case(s). Lose, and Hector calls the shots. i.e the cheats will be buggered.

In such an event......

photofic.jpg

Hence why entering Administration and passing a CVA before the Tax case is concluded is paramount.

Hence why entering Administration and passing a CVA before the Tax case is concluded is paramount.

Behave, It doesn't work like that. A CVA will only sort out the debt they have at the time.

The only way the tax bill will disappear is if they win the case.

Behave, It doesn't work like that. A CVA will only sort out the debt they have at the time.

I understand this, but as of now that is not a debt so is irrelevant. Removing any remaining debts now puts them on slightly more solid footing, and can be used in the underlying gamesmanship with HMRC, of which half of the entering of Administration is.

• Paid Members
What about pass the parcel?

Depends what is in the parcel, and if it's adressed to Mr N Lennon.

The league trophy :)

We could play pin the tail on the donkey, but samaras hasn't been too bad recently.

I understand this, but as of now that is not a debt so is irrelevant. Removing any remaining debts now puts them on slightly more solid footing, and can be used in the underlying gamesmanship with HMRC, of which half of the entering of Administration is.

It would maybe keep them ticking over for a week or two, but the bottom line is everything depends on the tax case.

Win it, and they'll probably come out of admin in decent shape after paying pennies in the pound to clear their other debts with one of these CVA agreements.

Lose, and they will cease to exist, and we can look forward to the newco.

The only potential grey area will be if they lose, and the Taxman decides the cold hard cash is more important than the scalp, the principle and the precedent. If so, there might be some scope for a settlement. However, HMRC statements have indicated this would be pretty unlikely. Also, todays revelations that Rangers would owe significantly more than the

Archived