2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

Absolutely soul destroying seeing your club on its knees off and on the pitch. I won't even talk about today's game - embarrassing just about covers it.

It's worse when you see it on TV instead of being a real fan and seeing it in person, and trust me, having done that many times, it's fucking horrifying.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was lucky enough to miss my side getting royally humped ( pretty glad David isn't posting right now ) and my only way was to see the highlights. The amount of times I had the "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!" look on my face was unreal. The first goal would be on every single gaff compilation going if it happened in a higher profile game. Keeper totally fucks up and the defender DUCKS?!

Sweet jesus.

I saw East Stirlingshire score straight from a corner yesterday when the defender on the line ducked. Is Morton's worse?

I'd say so. The keeper decided not to give a shit as well. What made the duck even better was the guy actually jumped for the header. He decided to duck mid jump. Sheer madness. But the keeper had time to come out after that and collect and he just stood and watched the ball float in.

I just hope we get a bloody home tie for a change today. Anyone will do, even Dundee Utd who we are apparently to be scared of. I thought they played very well yesterday and particularly in the first half, but we have beaten them three times this season. Bring them on.

Then after that, huge game on Wednesday. Love going to Tynecastle, I'm sure it will be a crackling atmosphere in the ground. Never like to predict what happens there but if we win then I think it would be a big result on our way to securing the title.

I just hope we get a bloody home tie for a change today. Anyone will do, even Dundee Utd who we are apparently to be scared of. I thought they played very well yesterday and particularly in the first half, but we have beaten them three times this season. Bring them on.

Then after that, huge game on Wednesday. Love going to Tynecastle, I'm sure it will be a crackling atmosphere in the ground. Never like to predict what happens there but if we win then I think it would be a big result on our way to securing the title.

Honestly think Tynecastle is going to be a really difficult game for us.

Honestly think Tynecastle is going to be a really difficult game for us.

Yeah, me too. I think it is going to be a really hard fought game. It is weird how winning it would only send us four points clear but most Celtic fans (myself included) see it as the key game in the rest of the campaign. We have been on a shit-hot run of form recently, even winning games comfortably when we've not been at the races - but is it a bit too unrealistic to contemplate going the rest of the season unbeaten? I think it is, but as of right now, I can't imagine who would take points off us.

What a performance last night. Probably the best of the season so far, there's nothing like getting it right up the Jambos. Beating Rangers at Ibrox is obviously fantastic but there's not much more satisfying than bearing witness to the complete exasperation of the Hearts support. I never anticipated it'd be so comfortable up there.

Surely fans of the Scotland national team on here are becoming encouraged by the consistently brilliant performances from Scott Brown as of late? He always turns up in the national jersey but now he is playing like a real captain for Celtic. Since his return from injury he has been exceptional. Player of the Month, four goals in four games and a string of smashing performances. I've always been a fan of his but there's been times when he hasn't justified his price tag. He's beginning to look like a

Last night was a tremendous performance in what would have been a huge banana skin in previous season.

Lennon is racking up some tremendous stats. Despite a lot of people thinking he has been handed a free pass by Rangers he is on track for the highest SPL points score in a decade, despite the mad autumn spell.

I'll hold my hands up straight away, I've not seen the game. You say how comfortable it was. Did Hearts not get the wrong decision and should have had a goal given before Celtic scored? Not trolling, just asking.

Yep but I doubt it would have really mattered in the end, Celtic played amazing last night. Samaras & Brown have been proving the doubters wrong they have been brilliant during this current run.

I'll hold my hands up straight away, I've not seen the game. You say how comfortable it was. Did Hearts not get the wrong decision and should have had a goal given before Celtic scored? Not trolling, just asking.

Yes, they did. However, it would have had to have been a complete guess from the linesman to give it. We got a break, for a change.

Archived