TNA/Impact Wrestling Maximum Impact 2012 Tour Discussion

dangerously420

Could they by any chance announce a PPV for UK? That would be cool. Is TNA still bigger over here than it is in the US? Either way i'll be going to the London show. Their house shows are so much better than what we watch on tv.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
What was the attendance like for the past few TNA shows? For some reason i still cant see why they are booking the MEN and arenas of this size.

I went to the MEN show on the tour they did prior to the 'Woooo' tour & the attendance was good. Not much difference from the attendance at the Smackdown taping at the MEN I went to. TNA do well on their house shows over here IMO.

I went to the MEN show on the tour they did prior to the 'Woooo' tour & the attendance was good. Not much difference from the attendance at the Smackdown taping at the MEN I went to. TNA do well on their house shows over here IMO.

So they used the full arena the night you went? I

• Paid Members

No, for the TNA show the top tiers were covered & the arena was cut off about two thirds down where the entrance ramp was. At Smackdown the top tier was also blacked out, they used a lot of space for the entrance ramp but also had the hard camera side pretty much cordened off. There was very little difference in attendance between the two. I was shocked as the last time I went to tapings at the MEN (in about 2002?) the top tiers were sold out & it was a legit sell out.

TNA is a genuinelly ok night out - you really could have folks that have been dragged along (parents, partners) and they'll not hate the experience because of the crowd interaction element that keeps the evening moving along nicely.

The last Wembley show seemed to not be as busy as before but was by no means empty. Think they suffered by lack of touring roster depth. You had the UK TNA talent, plus local guys (who were great but unknown to 99% of the crowd) which seemed to cut down on the number of 'names' you wouldn't normally get over here. They curtain off a section of the arena as they do for MMA there so when they say it's a sell out, or near sell out, you have to bear that in mind. Still a great attendance for a promotion that, at the time of the last tour, I think wasn't even on TV!

Will be interesting to see if they do anything to try and boost ticket sales this time round. The only real option is to drop ticket prices or bring over someone like Hogan or Sting. Would love to see Sting do a run over here as a farewell to the UK / Euro fans. I know he doesn't really do house shows but maybe he could be persuaded to do a week or so in Europe as a last chance for us to see him. To be honest I wouldn't be that interested in Hogan as he wouldn't, or at least shouldn't, be wrestling.

For anyone who's never been the house shows are way better than the TV output.

No, for the TNA show the top tiers were covered & the arena was cut off about two thirds down where the entrance ramp was. At Smackdown the top tier was also blacked out, they used a lot of space for the entrance ramp but also had the hard camera side pretty much cordened off. There was very little difference in attendance between the two. I was shocked as the last time I went to tapings at the MEN (in about 2002?) the top tiers were sold out & it was a legit sell out.

You might be getting cofused with a house show or one of the UK pay-per-views, they didn't start doing TV tapings here until 2004.

• Paid Members

More likely my timelines are messed up. I went to the RAW & Smackdown tapings at the MEN when Regal & Eugene wrestled for the tag straps but lost (and then went on win them the following week

Last year's Manchester TNA show was probably the best wrestling show I've ever attended, I took a TNA virgin to it and they've watched every single Impact and PPV ever since. So I'll be snapping up tickets to the next one as soon as I can get my grubby little paws on them.

Was at the Wembley show in Jan which seemed to be set to full capacity and was well attended - seem to remember TNA announcing was a new attendance record that night.

If remember rightly, the record was 8-10000 from the event at Wembley the year before, but happy to be corrected.

Archived