IPW:UK British Cruiserweight Championship Tournament Thread

Andy

#RJ4LDNChamp is the Twitter Hashtag for RJ Singh's campaign to a) get a shot at the LDN Championship and 2) get in the IPW:UK British Cruiserweight Championship Tournament.

#RJ4LDNChamp - let's all Sing for Singh!!

And Gilligan - next Cruiserweight champ ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
martyct.jpg

When his tag team partner Zack Sabre Jnr. was announced it seemed only natural that Marty Scurll should be the next man announced for the British Cruiserweight Championship Tournament.

For Marty this opportunity comes at a great time as he is on perhaps the hottest streak of his career having re-captured British Tag Team gold, competed in his first overseas tours in Germany, Denmark, Spain & America and participated in two of the most critically acclaimed singles outings in recent European wrestling history against Kotaro Suzuki & El Generico respectively.

Marty Scurll is without a doubt the real deal, and his progression in this tournament will only go about solidifying this fact. Just like Sabre, Scurll has stated that he is still committed to being apart of the best tag team in Europe and that he will be happy to pull double duty should the need arise.

Therefore the tournament to crown the British Cruiserweight Champion Looks as follows:

ct3.jpg

I'd really love to see a Scurll vs Sabre match sometime this year. But that quality of match could be a final easily.

That match would break my heart. I'm not sure I could cope with seeing The LDRS fight. They must stay friends forever!

Glad Scurll's in the tournament though. The more Marty the better. Whoop Whoop!

• Paid Members
I'd really love to see a Scurll vs Sabre match sometime this year. But that quality of match could be a final easily.

Not with that bracketing!

Not with that bracketing!

I noticed :p

That was the point. Don't know if they'd do this match as a semi final match..... I'm liking the names announced so far, although if Spud/Lion Kid are going to be entered into this, it'd be the show after July.... Meaning their opponents could be the LDR's.....

greshamct.jpg

The next entrant in The British Cruiserweight Championship Tournament is international star Jonathan Gresham. A regular for Combat Zone Wrestling, known as both a mat technician and a high flyer, Gresham comes into the tournament under the personal recommendation of fellow tournament entrant Zack Sabre Jnr. whom he competed against in the Leaders recent tour of the United States.

Over in Europe for an extended stay Gresham is an interesting entrant in the tournament. Should he be victorious, the British Cruiserweight Championship could well be re-branded the World Cruiserweight Championship as he vows that should he win gold he will take it back to America with him and defend it against any & all comers.

Therefore the British Cruiserweight Championship Tournament looks as follows:

ct4.jpg

Woah. That's pretty awesome. Lots of folks are touting him as a awesome prospect. Personally I'm not totally sold on him (kinda resent him for 'diluting' the Osirian Portal) but I'll happily allow him to change my mind. Cool stuff.

Archived