Mr. Anderson

Mr. Seven

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it fair to say that he gets X-Pac like heat ?

X-Pac heat? He doesn't even get normal heat.

On the UKFF perhaps but certainly not on TV, unless TNA are piping in crowd noise to make him sound more over than he really is.

• Paid Members
Is it fair to say that he gets X-Pac like heat ?

X-Pac heat? He doesn't even get normal heat.

On the UKFF perhaps but certainly not on TV, unless TNA are piping in crowd noise to make him sound more over than he really is.

They are.

Seriously though, to suggest that Anderson gets no heat is just ridiculous. He's over as fuck with the Impact crowd, I know that considering the average TNA fan in Orlando that doesn't exactly say much, but a reaction is a reaction.

One of the things that bugs me about Anderson, I know a lot of people actually love it, ias the damn "People are Fake, Wrestling is Real" slogan. That takes me right out of the moment in terms of being able to suspend my disbelief. Its awful.

Seriously though, to suggest that Anderson gets no heat is just ridiculous. He's over as fuck with the Impact crowd, I know that considering the average TNA fan in Orlando that doesn't exactly say much, but a reaction is a reaction.

By heat I meant heel heat. He's over as fuck, unlike originally suggested with the X-Pac heat.

When I attended the Impact taping before Sacrifice, I can honestly say the Impact zone crowd were very lukewarm to him.

Obviously it's extremely tricky to know what the average audience is made up of .. sometimes regular fans, other times tourists etc .. but in terms of overall crowd reaction I'd say it went something like:

1. Kurt Angle

2. Beer Money

3. Chyna

4. Braden bloody Walker

5. Hulk Hogan

6. Foley

7. Flair

8. DVon

9. AJ Styles

10. Anderson

No one gave a shit about him until he was at the end of the match. There was no rooting for him during it until they were forced to choose him.

He's not getting heel heat because he's not really a heel, he's feuding with Sting but in all fairness Sting has been kinda a dick to Anderson too. A couple of weeks ago Sting smashed up Ken's truck then lied about it, in terms of storylines it's not difficult to see why Ken would hold a grudge. I'm not a fan of Anderson by any stretch of the imagination but I think that a lot of the criticism directed at him is unfair and is more down to poor booking and writing. Unlike, say, RVD I get the impression that Ken is putting in a lot of effort and has attempted to make the best out of what he's been given to work with.

• Paid Members
Wait, what? Wildfat and Devon received better reactions than AJ? For real?

Mate, I hate to have to remind you, but it's the Impact Zone. What did you expect?

Braden was a surprise so I guess that's what that was about. Same with Chyna really. AJ didn't really get any time on the show beyond coming out for the main event with his buddies.

DVon though was really fucking over during the main event. You can imagine how fucking confused I was. I said to my girlfriend that I expected Anderson to win - which he did - but the crowd were really behind DVon, which was very strange.

I cannot stand Anderson, I don't think he brings much (if anything) to the table at all. When he first joined WWE I quite liked his entrance...but that was it. Rubbish clumsy wrestler, rubbish look (doesn't have a decent physique and has a fuck awful tattoo), very bland in every sense. What actually is his angle? What is his gimmick? What is he all about? Although John Cena doesn't have an identifiable gimmick as per se, that's because he's earned the 'unique' gimmick (copyright EWR) after getting over with his rapper gimmick. What the fuck is Mr Anderson? Why is he Mr Anderson, and not Ken Anderson? How is the Mr part explained? Why does he do the boxing announcing gimmick?

What does it all mean? What is his purpose?! I wouldn't mind if he vanished tbh.

But I would say there are worse out there, and that's saying something.

To be honest, if there's one thing Anderson can't really be criticised for, it's having a vague character. I don't know about anyone else, but it was pretty blatant to me, right from the beginning, that his gimmick is that he's a loud-mouthed douche. Even if he wasn't being the douche, he's always been a loud-mouth.

I've never quite gotten the "Mr." though - I assume it's because it makes him sound self-important.

One thing I'll disagree on about Abyss: he wasn't always shit, as some have made out. He's had the odd moment of overness as a face, and wasn't bad at getting heel heat back in the day. Problem now is that he's over-pushed and over-exposed beyond his abilities, and people are always going to react badly to that. His promo abilities aren't awful - his delivery's OK and he sounds like a psycho, his in-ring work isn't particularly sloppy but is very boring, and his look needs a load more work now that they've got bigger "stars" in.

Also, if you're talking about mainstream wrestling, I can think of a few who are/were definitely worse than Abyss.

Examples?

I agree he wasnt always as shit as he was now, I quite liked him in 2005 and 2006 he was good with James Mitchall, since 2007 he has been the drizzling shits though, I havent watched TNA in months but from what I read he is as bad as ever now.

Examples:

Eric Escobar

Cody Deaner

Jay Lethal (yes, Jay Lethal - he's boring as fucking sin now he's ditched the impersonator gimmick, he's regressed more than Abyss has)

Tommy Dreamer in his current state

David Otunga (although I'm hearing stuff recently that he may have improved, so may have to revise that opinion)

Darren Young

There aren't many worse, I'll grant you, but there are worse.

If we're talking independent wrestling, I can name HUNDREDS who are worse than Abyss.

See most of them arent pushed enough to hate and are fairly standable as mid -lower card acts, Abyss was pushed as a main attraction a lot of the time in TNA when I used to watch it last year. Judging by spoilers he still gets a upper mid card spot now despite being complete and utter shit.

I will give you Tommy Dreamer, I remember his melodramatic promos last year when I watched TNA. Complete drival, he tried the old heart warming speech seemingly every week, me and a friend joked he probably cut a heart warming speech about eating coco pops in the morning! Last time I saw him he faced AJ Styles in the worlds worst ring attire, this bright yellow lucha suit, I was hoping my Dad or anyone else was going to enter the room whilst I had that on my laptop.

Wait, what? Wildfat and Devon received better reactions than AJ? For real?

Mate, I hate to have to remind you, but it's the Impact Zone. What did you expect?

I loathe the Impact live audience as much as everyone else does but I always felt that AJ was beloved by the TNA audience and always received a decent reaction. But then again, as RepoMan said, AJ wasn't on the show all that much anyway so I guess that probably explains that.

I am really looking forward to the next TNA PPV. Sting vs Mr Anderson. Finally Anderson gets the singles match one on one for the TNA Heavyweight Title which he has been clamouring for the last several months. I know it will highly unlikley happen but would be cheering like mad if Mr Anderson were to win.

Archived