Mr. Anderson

Mr. Seven

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He isn't the worst guy in the business, unfortunatly he is someone who could do quite well as a midcarder in WWE but in TNA he is forced to compete for the top spot for the last few months with a 52 year old who is past him prime (which i hate to say) and two guys who are too high to have a good match.

One thing I'll disagree on about Abyss: he wasn't always shit, as some have made out. He's had the odd moment of overness as a face, and wasn't bad at getting heel heat back in the day. Problem now is that he's over-pushed and over-exposed beyond his abilities, and people are always going to react badly to that. His promo abilities aren't awful - his delivery's OK and he sounds like a psycho, his in-ring work isn't particularly sloppy but is very boring, and his look needs a load more work now that they've got bigger "stars" in.

Also, if you're talking about mainstream wrestling, I can think of a few who are/were definitely worse than Abyss.

Examples?

I agree he wasnt always as shit as he was now, I quite liked him in 2005 and 2006 he was good with James Mitchall, since 2007 he has been the drizzling shits though, I havent watched TNA in months but from what I read he is as bad as ever now.

• Paid Members
I cannot stand Anderson, I don't think he brings much (if anything) to the table at all. When he first joined WWE I quite liked his entrance...but that was it. Rubbish clumsy wrestler, rubbish look (doesn't have a decent physique and has a fuck awful tattoo), very bland in every sense. What actually is his angle? What is his gimmick? What is he all about? Although John Cena doesn't have an identifiable gimmick as per se, that's because he's earned the 'unique' gimmick (copyright EWR) after getting over with his rapper gimmick. What the fuck is Mr Anderson? Why is he Mr Anderson, and not Ken Anderson? How is the Mr part explained? Why does he do the boxing announcing gimmick?

What does it all mean? What is his purpose?! I wouldn't mind if he vanished tbh.

But I would say there are worse out there, and that's saying something.

To be honest, if there's one thing Anderson can't really be criticised for, it's having a vague character. I don't know about anyone else, but it was pretty blatant to me, right from the beginning, that his gimmick is that he's a loud-mouthed douche. Even if he wasn't being the douche, he's always been a loud-mouth.

I've never quite gotten the "Mr." though - I assume it's because it makes him sound self-important.

One thing I'll disagree on about Abyss: he wasn't always shit, as some have made out. He's had the odd moment of overness as a face, and wasn't bad at getting heel heat back in the day. Problem now is that he's over-pushed and over-exposed beyond his abilities, and people are always going to react badly to that. His promo abilities aren't awful - his delivery's OK and he sounds like a psycho, his in-ring work isn't particularly sloppy but is very boring, and his look needs a load more work now that they've got bigger "stars" in.

Also, if you're talking about mainstream wrestling, I can think of a few who are/were definitely worse than Abyss.

Examples?

I agree he wasnt always as shit as he was now, I quite liked him in 2005 and 2006 he was good with James Mitchall, since 2007 he has been the drizzling shits though, I havent watched TNA in months but from what I read he is as bad as ever now.

Examples:

Eric Escobar

Cody Deaner

Jay Lethal (yes, Jay Lethal - he's boring as fucking sin now he's ditched the impersonator gimmick, he's regressed more than Abyss has)

Tommy Dreamer in his current state

David Otunga (although I'm hearing stuff recently that he may have improved, so may have to revise that opinion)

Darren Young

There aren't many worse, I'll grant you, but there are worse.

If we're talking independent wrestling, I can name HUNDREDS who are worse than Abyss.

• Paid Members

Anderson isn't bad. You could tell when he was working with Kurt Angle last year that he's a good promo and a solid wrestler. There are hundreds worse.

The problem is he isn't as good as he thinks he is or TNA want him to be. He isn't the next Stone Cold Steve Austin. He's a good solid worker who, if positioned below the mid-card, can have interest feuds and matches and can be a stepping stone for someone with A1 talent. TNA's expectation of him over the last 6 months and the booking of the character has been fucking ridiculous and has almost killed him.

What the fuck is Mr Anderson?

A cunt.

Haha, simple. But effective!

Mr Anderson/Kennedy. I agree totally with Seven. I really can't stomach him. I really expected the words to flow out of my mind into my fingers to type this, but other than reasons already mentioned. I just hate everything about him, his face, his mannuerisms, his promo style, his physique, his 'ability' and I don't know why. In his few years on the mainstream scene I have seen one decent thing from him and that was his DQ win against Batista at ?Great American Bash 06? To me, I am so apathetic to him I can't bare to watch a second of him. Even writing in a thread on him is irritating me, because i'm being reminded of the smug twat. I'm going before I get anymore wound up!

He has improved in-ring from his WWE days [although thats not saying much] and can be carried. His mic work, whilst contrived and over done is better than average for TNA.

I agree with with tiger_rick, if he was a lower midcard worker his act would be fine. TNA act like he he is a fucking superstar main-eventer though. It makes them and him look like a joke.

He should be a career heel as well. His own personality makes him stand out as a total dickhead at all times.

• Paid Members

I was one of the original wave of people who were really high on Mr Kennedy/Anderson when he first showed up on velocity or whatever it was.

I thought he was great, charisma, funny, he was the thing I looked forward to most in WWE for a while. It didn't matter that he didn't have a perfect physique, he was something a bit different, he had mic skills/charisma to get over and the look was less important- unlike John Morrison, Legacy etc who look like models but are pretty dull. Then his faults were exposed, he still had charisma but he seemed to be a bit of a one trick pony, he was obviously injury prone and sloppy and injured other people too. I still liked him and wanted him in the main event scene, seeing a normal looking dude who's got a big mouth & cuts a good cocky promo fighting Batista and Undertaker is interesting to me, but there was a definite backlash against him starting up, soon everyone hated him and I was left wondering what happened.

It actually annoyed me a lot when he got suspended and fucked up the Vince McMahon son storyline for himself, that could've been the boost he needed. Then he was gone from WWE, it seemed no-one cared except me, I was disappointed that someone I thought had the potential to be a main eventer who was a bit different had gone. I was glad to see him turn up in TNA so quickly because I still liked him and at that time TNA was quite exciting because it was so crazy. A bit later and he was doing some terrible promos and stuff, his look is terrible, his T-shirts are terrible, his mike work is repetitive and to me he's gone from being someone who I loved in WWE for being different to someone who's pretty much just another ex WWE guy in TNA that they don't know what to do with.

Having said all that I haven't seen any TNA for a couple of months so I don't know what he's up to now. But if my favourite wrestler ever - Kurt Angle isn't enough to get me to watch TNA then Mr Anderson sure isn't.

z73694078.jpg

happier times

Thread should be changed to is anyone worse than Abyss

The answer in my opinion to that is no one

Anderson is a bit a like marmite you either love him or hate him while Abyss is like a shit sandwich, no one likes it/him

Hogan and Bisch disagree.

I like Kenny. He's unpredictable, which he's allowed to get away with in TNA, doesn't play a regular heel/face role and has pretty damn good matches.

Abyss, on the other hand, is a channel changer for me.

Mr Anderson is better as a heel, unfortunately the iMPACT zone go nuts over him (fuck knows why) so they push him as a tweener however I can't see who else could main event.

The issue is of the Main Eventers they have or could have. Stings past his prime, so is Steiner, Kurt is feuding with Jarret for the 72nd time, Jarrett is dull, Abyss has lost all his aura he had when Mitchell managed him and is fucking awful, Bully Ray looks like a cartoon character, AJ Styles could do it but his promos aren't great, Samoa Joe has lost all motivation and aura and has put on too much weight, Crimson isn't ready and Morgan needs someone to drag him into a good match, RVD dials his matches in and as for the Hardys, I'm surprised they know how to get to the ring they seem that high. Anderson is the best of a bad bunch.

Archived