Randy Savage Dies

Jambo

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful news, Savage was my favourite wrestler in the 1990 to 1994 era when I first started watching WWF and I remember really wanting him to turn back 'good guy' long before I'd ever heard the expression heel or babyface.

At Summerslam 1992 I felt like the only one in the crowd who wanted him to win, his re-uniting with Elizabeth at the end of his match with the Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania VII is still my favourite non-wrestling wrestling moment of all time.

A sad loss and one that I really hope is acknowledged by WWE on Raw on Monday night. Everyone's heard the rumours but the man deserves to be acknowledged and deserves his rightful place in the Hall of fame.

What a shame....on my birthday aswell :( , a shame he's been forgotten about the past decade by wwe but still a great legend from my youth.

Summerslam 88 was the first event I saw and Mega Powers vs Mega Bucks just just amazung to me.

A true larger than like character, hope he gets the proper respect from his peers.

Very shocked. An icon of a golden age of American Wrestling. RIP. I have heard a few rumours as to why he was in the WWE bad book, actually at the top of it ahead of Nailz which is bad enough!, but he should get a deserved mention on RAW. Is there any confirmation of what has happened?

Terrible news, especially as it seemed he was a rare breed that had a great career and settled down pretty sharpish to live a peaceful post-wrestling life. Also a shame that for whatever reason his greatness has been largely underrated and hardly mentioned by the WWE.

Despite that he's a true great, fantastic character who could get you to hate him and love him with a passion, colourful, intense and a real standout in the ring during his day. He could be a right nutter at times :laugh: but that was one of the things that made him so unique. A huge loss indeed.

I'm gutted.

Found out about this through a friend, I was the guy who always cheered Macho Man, him and Jake the Snake were hands down my faves when I was growing up, I preferred him over Hogan, the Mega Powers exploding was the best thing ever for me as I wanted Savage away from that golden boy.

I'll always remember his run as champions and sorely hoping he'd overcome Hogan (bah). I was hoping beyond hope someday the WWE would recognise him and give him his place in their history.

Macho and Jake Roberts had some of the best Feud moments ever for me, Jakes Cobra, Savage Eliminating himself from the rumble in a fit of anger (the emotion more important than winning the rumble) and I'm sure Savage also slapped Jake in the face then jumped out the ring when the roles were reversed later (though that could've been someone else) they worked so well together.

A very sad way to go.

Had to sign on to type that.

There will never be another Macho Man, there will never be another Bonesaw.

• Paid Members

I came back from the gym to this. What a downer to start my Friday night off on. I always thought 1 day we'd see him back on WWE TV doing something, be it Hall of Fame or some sort of angle. Gutted is really the only word.

"The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, funkly like a monkey, OOOOOoooooooohhhhhh YEAH! DIG IT!!

Archived