Any Ex UK sports stars who have become wrestlers?

The Genius

Oh and does anybody also know of anyone who has made the Kurt Angle like swap from freestyle to pro?

Karl Kramer, and also Doug Williams, are both excellent Judoka. I believe Doug was national level.

I believe doug had in fact been offered a place on the UK olympic team in ??1994??, but decided to start training as a professional wrestler.

Wasn't there also a rumour once that they were going to do Lennox Lewis vs Brock Lesnar??

• Moderators
If you had a relatively well known ex boxer or even some ex Hollyoaks actor as part of your main event then it would draw ten times (due to their mainstream appeal) what it would if you had a top British wrestling star who makes

Oh and does anybody also know of anyone who has made the Kurt Angle like swap from freestyle to pro?

Karl Kramer, and also Doug Williams, are both excellent Judoka. I believe Doug was national level.

I believe doug had in fact been offered a place on the UK olympic team in ??1994??, but decided to start training as a professional wrestler.

Wasn't there also a rumour once that they were going to do Lennox Lewis vs Brock Lesnar??

Doug Williams was a British judo champion in his weight class in the early 90's. (What that really means, I'm not sure)

'They' were going to do Danny Williams vs Alex Shane once?

If former sports stars could make money in Wrestling, they would. Considering top british stars make

The closest and I can think of, and he was an entertainer rather than a proper sports star (unless he was also involved in sport at some point) is Gladiatior Shadow, who worked regularly in British wrestling for a period of time after his downfall from mainstream fame for what I believe was a "red top" newspaper expose on drug use.

Suppose other Gladiators dabbled but on a limited basis (wasn't one going out with a Hammerlock/FWA 'diva' and worked some shows?).

Welsh Wrestling had Wembley-bound Championship play-off finalist Ashley Williams of Swansea City pin Mean Tommy Dean at the end of a recent show.

0_0_0_0_250_188_csupload_29205808.jpg

He didn't work the match in the traditional sense, but a fairly high-profile footballer at the moment.

Welsh Wrestling had Wembley-bound Championship play-off finalist Ashley Williams of Swansea City pin Mean Tommy Dean at the end of a recent show.

0_0_0_0_250_188_csupload_29205808.jpg

He didn't work the match in the traditional sense, but a fairly high-profile footballer at the moment.

I bet his manager/agent/insurance company went mental!

I'm kinda guessing he didn't run it past any of them before agreeing to it.

I didn't know Shadow of Gladiator fame was wrestling though obviously one or two of that last couple of batches of Gladiators are out there in some capacity.

And I gotta disagree...ANYBODY....whatsoever off Big Brother is not on any kind of level when it comes to comparing them to actors on any kind of soap.

They tend to be talentless fukwitts who never did anything. Hollyoaks might be shit but at least the people on it get on it by having some kind of acting ability. I'm not comparing them to Brando but still :)

How the he'll did I not know about shadow wrestling, I assume he was shit, but I always remember thinking at the time 'I wish he was a wrestler', he was a tank

I never saw him perform, but when I heard about it I immediately thought "Big Daddy tag" - even if that was the case, back then I'd have popped for the big man!

Archived