Gaming Confessional

Keith Houchen

Hello. Started this in the Xbox thread but lets open it up to the whole gaming fraternity

THis is where we can post things of a gaming nature that we really should have done, but havent, in the gaming world. For instance, Bono The Creationist has never played any version of Halo.l Nor have I

Also, I've never scored from a free kick in PES2011.

How about your most spasticated disgheybled gaming moments?

• Paid Members

I think the first 3 Resident Evil games are over-rated shit that handled like absolute arse. I tried to play Resident Evil 3 with a mate the other day and we turned it off within half an hour because Jill handles like trying to park a car.

I hated Fallout 3 to the point where I almost fell out with a girl over it as she loved it and would get all offended when I would slag it off. About a year and a half later I decided to pick it up second hand as it was cheap and to my surprise I really liked it this time out, to the point that I would pay full price for Fallout: New Vegas and enjoy that one even more. And I never did get to tell the girl in question as by that point we had in fact fallen out.

• Paid Members

On my first go of Red Dead Redemption I accidentally shot my horse in the back of the head while riding it, and the in the ensuing confusion and button mashing, skinned it. I sat in shock as John Marsden flayed the nag, as I wasn't aware you could skin things in the game.

I played Red Dead Redemption for four hours and regardless of how hard I tried, I couldn't get into it and traded it in for Just Cause 2. Near shame worthy if going the expression on my friends faces.

I enjoyed Just Cause 2 though :confused:

• Paid Members

I played through Bart's Nightmare on ZSNES this weekend. I really wish I hadn't.

I've never given any Zelda game a proper go and claim to think they're all shit - because i've some kind of idea in my head that Final Fantasy is better and i can't like both!

I have a similar thing with Starwars, in that I love Star Trek so have to bash SW!

• Paid Members

A confession from me, and one great story.

I have spent 10 hours now trying to get the five resupplied grenade kills I need to get Scavenger Pro in Black Ops - I'm generally levelheaded on this game, but it's turned me into a total spastic, flinging my original grenade to start the game, then running around like a twat till I get shot. Saddest part? I don't have one of those kills yet.

And the great story? Back in university, we used to play RPGs in shifts, sometimes playing in the room of absent friends for 72 hours or more. We started Final Fantasy VIII, and I played for a short while. I then went home for the weekend. Upon my return, I found that my disgruntled friends were telling me how shit the game was, with only two things to battle. They'd stayed in the opening area for the entire weekend, because they couldn't figure out how to leave, and levelled up obscenely, whilst not learning any of the cool stuff they could've picked up.

• Paid Members

I once played Super Mario world just getting extra lives to see if the lives counter would go into triple figures.

I was then really pissed off I'd wasted my time and watched gladiators on TV.

• Paid Members
I have spent 10 hours now trying to get the five resupplied grenade kills I need to get Scavenger Pro in Black Ops - I'm generally levelheaded on this game, but it's turned me into a total spastic, flinging my original grenade to start the game, then running around like a twat till I get shot. Saddest part? I don't have one of those kills yet.

You don't have to kill anybody with the first one, so just shoot someone and chuck that grenade as a decoy, resupply and pick your shot. If you die, just repeat.

Archived