Phoenix Pro Wrestling - West Bromwich - June 17th

ChrisPPW

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys

Sorry for late update on the show, I couldn't get access to a laptop over the weekend because of my limited mobility at present.

In results from the show:

- "Special Edition" Joseph Connors / "The Prodigy" Paul Malen dft Flash Morgan / "Perfect" Pete Dunne

- Evolution League: Nate Colt dft "Hellraiser" Brian Wright

- Chrissy Valentine dft Pollyanna and Bacardi (Triple Threat)

- Andy Boy Simmonz dft Lord Graham Thomas III

INTERVAL

- Evolution League: "Luscious" Lucas Black dft Matt Pedin

- Zero Tolerance dft Wild Boar

- "The Mexican Sensation" El Ligero vs "Wonderkid" Jonny Storm - No Contest - after "Special Edition" Joseph Connors / "The Prodigy" Paul Malen attacked both competitors.

Points of note from the show:

- Big thanks to all the PPW Crew who worked their hardest throughout the show to resolve the technical issues with the sound (a key component of the sound system broke literally 1 minute before show time). Equally big thanks to all the wrestlers who put on an amazing show inspite of this.

- Despite another controversial ending to his match, "Luscious" Lucas Black remains undefeated in the Evolution League and is looking a real prospect for the future of British Wrestling.

- As noted by others on this thread (and other threads no doubt), Wild Boar is another one to look out for in the future and made a big impact in his PPW debut. However, plaudits must go to Zero Tolerance as well, who came out on top in that match and is quickly becoming an unexpectedly huge fan favourite amongst the PPW regulars.

- To clear up the issue of the divas match. Bacardi dislocated her knee early on in the match, which unfortunately derailed the match from the start. However PPW Management would like to applaud the girls for continuing and putting on a match as advertised. PPW prides itself on the high quality of its shows from start to finish, and would therefore like to apologise to anyone who felt this match was not up to the normal PPW standard. Unfortunately, injuries do happen in wrestling and this was out of the control of all involved.

- As some of you who were present would have noticed, I was sat front of house for the entire show on Friday night because my broken foot limited my ability to make my way through to the backstage area. However, because of this, I was able to sit uninterrupted and watch as PPW Champion El Ligero and Jonny Storm wrestled what was one of the finest back and forth, technically sound matches this humble promoter has ever seen! Before they were rudely interrupted by Malen and Conners, I genuinely lost myself in the match and remember thinking to myself that I could have watched this match for the full 60 minute time limit and beyond. And I believe the crowd more than agreed with me because the "Let's go Ligero", "Let's go Jonny" chants were loud and constant throughout.

- "Before they were rudely interrupted" was however an understatement, to say the very least. At around the twenty minute mark, Ligero vs Storm II was brought to a premature end by a jealous Paul Malen and his co-conspirator Joseph Conners. First they lowered the top ring rope, causing Storm to come crashing down onto the wooden floor. Then, as Conners brawled with Storm on the outside, Malen turned his attention to the PPW Champion, violently assaulting him with one of my crutches. Not done there, Malen then attacked a helpless PPW Announcer Mark Adams, as he attempted to revive a lifeless El Ligero, breaking his jaw and stomping on his glasses. Malen then got on house mic and challenged El Ligero to a shot at his PPW Championship. However the Champion remained unconscious from the assault and was unable to respond to the challenge. Storm, having recovered from the Malen/Conners attack, then acused Malen of trying to jump the queue and cheat his way into the Number 1 Contender spot for the PPW Championship, and went on to challenge Malen to a Number 1 Contender's Match on the next show on July 15th. Malen reluctantly accepted and the match was made.

- With Mark Adams out of commission and with me unable to deputise, PPW and Model Birthdays photographer Beth Robinson took to the mic to close the show announcing that on July 15th PPW would return to the West Bromwich Labour Club for its next event "Return of The King" with a Double Main Event of PPW Championship Number 1 Contender's Match - "Wonderkid" Jonny Storm vs "The Prodigy" Paul Malen and "King of the Deathmatch" Tommy Gunn vs Kid Fite.

Thanks to all those who attended and we hope to see you next month.

Website will be up-to-date shortly.

Thanks

Chris

I agree , i think it lacked real quallity , maybe if someone like Jenny Sjidon was in the match it would be a lot differant?

The exception was the start of the match where the one lass got knocked down with one strike and a baseball slide out of the ring and she then sold on the out side for what felt like a fucking age, from essentially nothing. To make that worse for the most part she was just leaning against the post.

Bacardi I believe it was at the end just wandered out side and watched the match for no fucking reason and then some how couldn't get into the ring to break up the fall after having been walking around out side the ring fine for again what felt like a fucking age. There was also a bit where she was throwing a couple of lines before hitting one and it was so void of any intensity or drama and looked so fucking weak it was unbelievable on any level, much like who ever it was who was running some ones face up the ropes with the face a good 10" from the fucking rope for all the crowd to see, twice as well.

I mean there was more but I was laughing so hard at times I'm sure there's something I missed.

- To clear up the issue of the divas match. Bacardi dislocated her knee early on in the match, which unfortunately derailed the match from the start. However PPW Management would like to applaud the girls for continuing and putting on a match as advertised. PPW prides itself on the high quality of its shows from start to finish, and would therefore like to apologise to anyone who felt this match was not up to the normal PPW standard. Unfortunately, injuries do happen in wrestling and this was out of the control of all involved.

She walked around the ring for a few minutes, with a dislocated knee?

kneedislocation.jpg

Now, I don't know much about knee dislocations, but that site says it's a serious issue which will significantly damage the leg, and likely need surgery.

Almost always, both the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) are torn.

To have walked around the ring fine would make her some kind of superhuman, and judging by what I've seen of her (and that's limited to one or two matches/valet appearances a while back), I'd say she's far from that.

Archived