Ashton Kutcher 'to replace Charlie Sheen in Two and a Half Men&#39

xear

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they were maybe going to do a prequel type thing, where Kutcher plays a young Charlie; though, god knows what they'd do with Alan and Jake. I suppose they could have the guy that plays Jake play a young Alan (it's his dad after all, so you'd imagine he'd look like a younger version) and Alan play their dad.

Horrible. Although Alan was the funniest thing about it, it was Sheen and his chemistry that made the show. The kid got shit when he grew up. They should have just had a spin-off with Alan.

Do they really think this can actually work?

• Paid Members
EDIT: If the story is true, then other early reports are saying Kutcher's role would be newly-created, as opposed to taking over Sheen's.

I'd have thought that was a given, surely?

TBH I really don't get why they ditched Sheen in the first place, so what if he's missing a couple of sandwiches?

I would imagine its more to do with the comments he made about the show's creator Chuck Levine and Warner Bros. Comments like he "Violently hated" Levine and called him a "contaminated little maggot" etc etc.

Who the fuck's Chuck Levine? :confused:

EDIT: If the story is true, then other early reports are saying Kutcher's role would be newly-created, as opposed to taking over Sheen's.

I'd have thought that was a given, surely?

TBH I really don't get why they ditched Sheen in the first place, so what if he's missing a couple of sandwiches?

I would imagine its more to do with the comments he made about the show's creator Chuck Levine and Warner Bros. Comments like he "Violently hated" Levine and called him a "contaminated little maggot" etc etc.

Who the fuck's Chuck Levine? :confused:

the show's creator...

I think his real name might be Chaim Levine, or at least that's what Sheen said but he's always been professionally called 'Chuck Lorre'. I think Chuck Levine is the character from 'I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry'...

I don't get why people think this will be the death of the show, it was dull badly written sitcom-by-the-numbers shit in the first place. Charlie Sheen is one of the worst comedy actors around. Atleast Ashton Kutcher was funny in That 70's Show.

The show is turd, but Charlie Sheen is actually what made it watchable and a slight cut above other generic poorly written sitcoms. Also I loved Hot Shots and Major League as a kid.. not sure how they stand up these days though as I've not seen them for time.

I'm going to ignore Spin City for the purposes of this argument....

Spin City was quite good, it went down the shitter once Micheal J Fox left and Charlie Sheen came in as Deputy Mayor, basically playing the same character he plays in Two and a Half Men (himself basically)

That's the point though, Micheal J Fox was the star of that show and Charlie Sheen is the star of Two and a Half Men, once your main star leaves ratings will go down the tube usually. what's Ashton Kutcher going to be the kids cousin or some shit?

Meh who cares its dumb fun thats over run its course anyway. They'll probably kill off Sheen and have Kutcher show up as his love child. The yanks just dont know when to call it quits with sit com's, they invented the term jumping the shark for christs sake.

Archived