Wrestling Revolution

bigfoote

Interesting concept that I have seen floated about before. I would be interested to see what the min investment amount was. However what puts me off is I would be "dontating" money with limited fanboy benefits. I would be interested to put a small amount into this if it was classed as shares or an investment with a financial return if the company ever made good money and the same rights as any share holder in regards to director appointership etc!!!

I've been helping the bringbackwrestling guy with this. They've been accepted as an EIS business meaning that people who invest in the company can get 20% of their investment offset against their income tax. So in effect a

• Paid Members
The type of fan that would invest in this is the type of fan that would mainly watch the indies like ROH though. I imagine a room full of fans of that ilk would just sit and book the exact type of show they'd usually watch anyway. It's essentially a room full of nerds booking a ROH or PWG or whatever show.

You're so above the nerds as well, ain'tcha.

• Paid Members
The type of fan that would invest in this is the type of fan that would mainly watch the indies like ROH though. I imagine a room full of fans of that ilk would just sit and book the exact type of show they'd usually watch anyway. It's essentially a room full of nerds booking a ROH or PWG or whatever show.

You're so above the nerds as well, ain'tcha.

I am a nerd, just not one that would want to pay to book a wrestling show for someone else.

Interesting concept that I have seen floated about before. I would be interested to see what the min investment amount was. However what puts me off is I would be "dontating" money with limited fanboy benefits. I would be interested to put a small amount into this if it was classed as shares or an investment with a financial return if the company ever made good money and the same rights as any share holder in regards to director appointership etc!!!

I've been helping the bringbackwrestling guy with this. They've been accepted as an EIS business meaning that people who invest in the company can get 20% of their investment offset against their income tax. So in effect a

Yeah, half a billion over everything he's done, gross. We don't know how much the total spent on the films was. Two out of the four films named there trade on the name value of their franchises which accounts for a lot of the box office numbers. All of them are completely artistically bankrupt.

I'd say that defo qualifies as "crap".

accordin to IMDB, the budgeting and box office numbers for his mentioned films are as follows (how accurate they are, I don't know):

* Snakes On A Plane - Budget of $33million (estimated), Gross Worldwide Box Office of just over $62million

* X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Budget - $150million (estimated), Gross Worldwide Box Office - $179.9million

* Freddy vs. Jason - Budget - $25million (estimated), Gross Worldwide Box Office - $113million

* Shoot em' Up - Budget - $39million (estimated), Gross Worldwide Box Office - $24million

the only film that actually flopped was Shoot Em' Up (which I have seen on TV and is retarded on an epic scale). Strange as it may sound, you can't argue that he has been involved in some successful ventures. Snakes On A Plane by all rights should never have got beyond the DVD shop bargain bin, and Freddy vs. Jason (although trading on the success of their respective franchises) was a massive success.

Archived