You drop money on the floor....

Max Power

• Paid Members
I'd agree with the OP, anything less than 10p I wouldn't bother. 5p pieces are horrible and fiddly and copper coins just smell.

This.

It's an interesting social experiment though. For example most people would pick a 20p off the floor, but would they pick it out of say, a urinal? What if it was a pound coin?, a 2 pound coin? Where are the boundaries?

I'm a tight fucker when I want to be so I'd be down there even for 1p. That said, I'm too proud to pick up any old coin I pass that I haven't dropped myself. I'd probably go for anything 50p and up though, even at the risk of dogshit/that-could-have-been-anywhere being on it.

• Paid Members
Might have wanted it to level his dosh up so he wouldnt have had to break into a tenner. That 2p might have saved him from smashing into a fresh 10 quid note. The possibilities are endless.

This. Also worth saying when I was a glass collector in a nightclub I wanted some money for a day out so I picked up anything I saw on the floor, even 1p's. I managed to scrape together

How much have you ever lost though? I've probably lost quite a bit of money that's falling out of my pocket. I remember losing a tenner that my dad gave me about 5 minutes before while in Tesco once (slipped out of my pocket). Some lucky bastard/bastardress had a nice picnic that day. :(

• Paid Members
How much have you ever lost though? I've probably lost quite a bit of money that's falling out of my pocket. I remember losing a tenner that my dad gave me about 5 minutes before while in Tesco once (slipped out of my pocket). Some lucky bastard/bastardress had a nice picnic that day. :(

I remember being ground for losing a five pound note on the way back from the corner shop once.

I burst into tears once as a seven year old, after dropping a pack of softmints I'd bought my Dad for his birthday on the way home from the shop. My Mum had to go back down the tenfoot and find it (unless she just went to the shops and bought a new packet).

Archived