Summer Transfer Window Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Thought I'd start this. Business is picking up, as JR would say, with lot's of contracts running out and clubs announcing their released lists. Add your teams if I've missed it and I'll add it to this main thread. Will try to keep it updated with all transfers made.

Moved the list here: http://tigerrick.50webs.com/transfers.htm

Feel free to bookmark.

• Paid Members

Dani Pacheco has stated he'd happily return to us if Liverpool didn't have any current plans for him, so hopefully we'll be trying to get him on loan again.

Word on the streets is that we're keeping tabs on Fraser Forster again. I'd be happy with both of those signings; Pachecho did well for us in his short spell and Forster was brilliant for us in his first spell. Granted, that was in League One, but it looks as though he's also done a half decent job at Celtic. He'd provide competition for John Ruddy if nothing else, and vice versa.

United and Hull seem to be on good terms.

Fergie has said he's going to spend some money this summer despite the numerous reports that United have no cash to spend. Obviously a new keeper is of paramount importance with De Gea or Stekelenberg the most likely candidates. Sneijder has been rumoured as has Sanchez but City seems a more likely destination for them. As much as I like the group of players that make up the midfield, a world-class central midfielder is a priority.

City seem to be getting linked with him quite a bit the past 2 weeks, but it's the first time I've since it surfaced in that time period. I would hope it doesn't end up there, but you never know with City. I'd be very surprised if De Gea isn't a United player come the end of August though.

• Paid Members
United and Hull seem to be on good terms.

I think Phil Brown's handling of Fraizer Campbell is a major factor there coupled with the fact that United's reserve team boss is ex-Hull player and manager Warren Joyce.

I don't care where he goes, I really hope we see Wesley Sneijder in England next season. Sanchez, Goetze and Cavani are high on my list too. Oh, and Hulk!

• Paid Members

Brighton have released Gary Hart, Fran Sandaza, Radostin Kishishev, Cristian Baz, Agustin Battipiedi and Chris Holroyd. Gary Dicker and Liam Bridcutt have signed new 2 year deals but talks with Glenn Murray who is also out of contract have hit a brick wall. 3rd choice keeper Michael Poke and striker Torbjorn Agdestein have been offered 1 year deals and finally Alan Navarro hasn't been offered a new contract yet but has been invited back for pre-season. Keeping hold of Elliott Bennett will be key over the summer, Norwich wanted him in January but we rejected all of their bids, his value will have certainly gone up since then as he was the key creative force that got us the League 1 title.

We'll need to strengthen in most areas over the summer to be ready for the Championship but the core of the squad that we are retaining are very good players and should make the step up. We no longer have the worry of trying to persuade players that a converted athletics venue is a good place to call home as we are moving into a

Our interest in Carlton Cole is gathering momentum again, it seemed we was going to go for him in January but we never did, well we might have done I suppose but didnt hear anything.

Obviously if West Ham do go down we might not have to break the bank for him, im not sure though, when i've seen him he looks very clumsy though he does score goals, which our strikers seem to struggle to do!

Im hoping this is the summer we finally get rid of Ameobi, he was good for us last season as he found his level so hopefully someone with money in the championship comes in for him, fancy him Rick?

And Enrique will go, which is a shame, but he gave us a season in the championship and he's been excellent this season, I can understand if he wants to leave because he could play for a top club, annoying to think we can't keep players like him anymore, but its a reality.

We should have 35 million to spend so hopefully it's spent wisely, i'd say we need 2 good strikers at least, a centre mid if Barton goes, and a right back and centre back. We'll see.

• Paid Members

What are people's thoughts on QPR, with the level of financial backing they potentially have, and now with Premiership status, who will they realistically be looking to sign? Will it be a case of them raiding the clubs that go down of their best players that won't want to be playing in the champ next year (people like Upson, Piquionne or Rodallega) or will they be looking at one or two bigger prem stars?

• Paid Members

Quite odd QPR. Everyone expected them to trow money around after the takeover which they half did at times but ruined it all with their ability to turnaround 3 managers a month. Then they got in Warnock and he did a cracking job. Now there's talk of replacing him with a glamour manager, which would be ludicrous.

I have no idea what they'll do but I've heard they fancy Jimmy Bullard so I pray they take him.

Archived