Sign in to follow this  
tiger_rick

Summer Transfer Window Thread

I reckon Jay Bothroyd and Seb Larsson are pretty much nailed on to sign for Sunderland on frees. Would be completely ambivalent to both signings - neither will make much difference to our league position, but it fills out the squad. Plus Larsson can take a set piece, which would make him unique in our team.

Of the loanees, it looks like Elmohamedy is signing permanently (again, I'm ambivalent), and possibly Mensah in a cut-price deal. I hope we don't pick up the others - Muntari hasn't looked interested, and Onuoha has been very mediocre at both right-back and centre-half. Needless to say, if we can get Welbeck back on loan I'd be pleased, but I'm not particularly arsed about paying over the odds to sign him permanently after his showings in the latter part of the season.

Hopefully this is the summer we finally sign N'Zogbia after being linked with him in every window since Bruce arrived. Knowing our luck, Liverpool or somebody will steal in at the last minute.

Evertons predicted Summer spending is thus :

Actually i believe there will be incomings in the summer, but only after significant outgoings. We need some changes and with no excess money likely to be forthcoming it will have to come from players out.

I think Yobo and Yakubu (who are both out on loan now) to be sold permanatly, maybe Vaughan as well raising about

I'm not sure who I would like us to sign for Saints, as (assuming everyone stays), we've got a great goalkeeper, good defence, two of the best young wingers in the game, and one of the best strikers outside of the Premiership, Jack Cork has been thrown about, as has Sam Sodje, but this is a club that doesnt leak a goddamn thing, so we wont have a clue until they are wearing a Saints shirt :D

Yeah i heard Clichy+ cash a few weeks ago but its like every crappy rumour, i ain't gonan believe it or even worry about ti till its way more concrete.

However if we sold Baines i would cry. A lot. Not because of how good he is, but because of how important he is to us, so much of our good play and goals come through him, we'd be in big trouble if he left.

And as good as Clichy is, or was he is no replacement whatsoever.

To be honest i think Baines and Felliani are more likely to stay with it being either Jags or Rodwell going. But if stupid Lescott-esque bids come in its gonna be very hard to say no for any player.

Yeah, these types of rumour do the rounds this time every year. You've probably heard the one about Baines going to Liverpool, too. That one is hopefully bollocks. The bird who cuts my hair also does Baines' and he mentioned to her that he'd rather retire now than play for Liverpool. I believe her, because I'm in love with her. Anyway, if he did say that then let's just hope for your sake that he's a man of his word!

As one of the few Scousers who supports neither Everton or Liverpool, I always like to see both clubs do well and like to follow them both. I'd say that with the possible exception of Luis Suarez, Leighton Baines is the best player on Merseyside right now.

Yeah i heard Clichy+ cash a few weeks ago but its like every crappy rumour, i ain't gonan believe it or even worry about ti till its way more concrete.

However if we sold Baines i would cry. A lot. Not because of how good he is, but because of how important he is to us, so much of our good play and goals come through him, we'd be in big trouble if he left.

And as good as Clichy is, or was he is no replacement whatsoever.

To be honest i think Baines and Felliani are more likely to stay with it being either Jags or Rodwell going. But if stupid Lescott-esque bids come in its gonna be very hard to say no for any player.

Yeah, these types of rumour do the rounds this time every year. You've probably heard the one about Baines going to Liverpool, too. That one is hopefully bollocks. The bird who cuts my hair also does Baines' and he mentioned to her that he'd rather retire now than play for Liverpool. I believe her, because I'm in love with her. Anyway, if he did say that then let's just hope for your sake that he's a man of his word!

As one of the few Scousers who supports neither Everton or Liverpool, I always like to see both clubs do well and like to follow them both. I'd say that with the possible exception of Luis Suarez, Leighton Baines is the best player on Merseyside right now.

Wow, i now have a "someone on another forum knows someone who cuts Leighton Baines hair" story :D I know its often said and i'm not the kind of person to put football players on a pedastal of virtue but i do believe Baines wouldn't ever sign for Liverpool, knowing how loved he is here he isn't that kind of guy.

We'd be stupid to let him go for anything less than stupid money.

I imagine we'll be getting rid of the deadwood - that being McCartney, Nosworthy & Kilgallon. Riveros & Angeleri seem locks to go in the summer, whilst I wouldn't be surprised to see Ferdinand & Zenden (who is unlucky as he hasn't been played as much as he probably should and has looked great whenever he has played) have leave aswell.

I'd quite happily see Zendan stay. He definitely brings something to the team when he's on the pitch. (Which sadly isn

Rumours I have heard from friends who work at the red tops....

Spurs Out

Pavlyuchenko (back to Russia)

Robbie Keane (if West Ham get relegated then Norwich are interested/have made enquiries)

Spurs In

Ruud Van Nistelrooy (we have already made enquiries)

Asamoah Gyan (Harry has good contact with his agent who has helped previously with deals and Gyan is looking to move to a bigger club, although with no europe this one may not go ahead)

Scott Parker (if West Ham go down we will sign at a cut price as he wants to stay in London).

Others

Jagielka & Leighton Baines to Arsenal (Jagielka has already been agreed).

Fabregas to Barcelona (Nasri & Clichy to also leave).

Carlton Cole to Newcastle (if West Ham get relegated).

Benzema to Man City (part exchange for Tevez + Madrid paying Man City cash, Adebayor to return to Man City).

Sneijder to Man City (to be announced early June).

Kaka to Chelsea.

Charlie Adam to Liverpool.

Strangely enough have heard no news about United although that may be because United still have plenty to play for where as the other clubs seasons are as good as finished.

Edited by denzel_maggiore

When it comes to red tops and Everton (and probably most other clubs) its most likely to be made up bollocks.

Sure the odd genuine one might slip through amongst all the crap but if a daily newspaper prints it chances are they've just took a random player, linked him to a random club for a random price.

Some of the crap i've read about Everton in the past is unbelievable.

When it comes to red tops and Everton (and probably most other clubs) its most likely to be made up bollocks.

Sure the odd genuine one might slip through amongst all the crap but if a daily newspaper prints it chances are they've just took a random player, linked him to a random club for a random price.

Some of the crap i've read about Everton in the past is unbelievable.

Make you right mate but some of what I posted (can only speak for my own post) is from contacts who are close to some of the clubs (their is usually one or two journalists with inside knowledge, most of what I posted are from people who know the London based clubs).

Edited by denzel_maggiore