• Paid Members

Quick results for ASW8 Night 1

Willie Mack d Kevin Steen

Dynasty d Taylor Boys

Chuck Taylor d Kenny King

Bucks d RockNES

Aries/Strong d Cutlers

Eddie Edwards d Alex Shelley

Steen/Tozawa d El Generico/Ricochet (match of the night by far!!)

Claudio d Hero (top rope broke during this match)

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick results for ASW8 Night 1

Willie Mack d Kevin Steen

Dynasty d Taylor Boys

Chuck Taylor d Kenny King

Bucks d RockNES

Aries/Strong d Cutlers

Eddie Edwards d Alex Shelley

Steen/Tozawa d El Generico/Ricochet (match of the night by far!!)

Claudio d Hero (top rope broke during this match)

Apparently Strong and Aries were attacked after the match and Shelley made the save. People are speculating this could lead to a Gen Next revival in PWG!!!

The tag main event of Dio! with Generico involved certainly wasn't very good.

I think that's been PWG's worst show in years. Not much seemed to flow and it certainly wasn't as much fun to watch as PWG usually is.

• Paid Members

Some more stuff about ASW Night 1 nicked from the PWG Forum

Notes:

-Willie Mack is the breakout star of the weekend, no doubt.

-Chuck Taylor was constantly on the apron during the Taylor Boys tag match. It was awesome. Amazingly, Brian-Cage and Ryan got a decent pop, when Chuck came out a second later, the crowd popped twice as loud.

-King has improved a lot, and he seems like a future regular in PWG as a singles. It seems like a feud with the Taylor Boys has started.

-My Macho Man tribute almost came true, except RockNES lost. They deserve to be the champs. They need a re-match and god, the ending was so damn emotional.

-I've never seen Aries this motivated in PWG. He looks like he wants the team to succeed just as bad as Roddy does. Possibly, they could win the belts tonight. They were in sync, but surprisingly the Cutlers dominated the match, and were still made to look credible. The Bucks came out afterward and attacked Strong and Aries with Alex Shelley coming out for the save. A "Generation Next" chant broke out and Shelley got on the mic and said he would like to team with Strong and Aries in a six man down the line in PWG, whether it be against the Bucks and a partner or the Cutlers and a partner. So Shelley made two PWG challenges last night. Maybe this means he will be in PWG more with Sabin, who knows.

-Edwards was awesome. It's rare that someone will out wrestle Shelley, and Edwards did, even though he did get skull fucked. Everything was smooth and crisp. Afterwards is when Shelley made the Machine Guns/Wolves challenge.

-This was the first time since Final Battle that Steen and Generico were in the same match together and the feud carried over to PWG. They tried to brawl right at the bell but Tozawa and Ricochet had to pull their partners apart. But this match was awesome. Definitely the PWG match of the year so far. Very curious to see how this perceived on DVD. Just an amazing atmosphere. It was a grudge match the broke down in the crazy Dragon Gate style tag match we've come to see over the years. And when Generico and Steen finally got in the ring together, it was like a big fight kind of feel. But yeah, tons of insane spots, insane near falls, but in the end it was Generico and Ricochet's inability to communicate as a tag team that did them in. Amazing match. Oh, Steen took a reverse rana' from the second turnbuckle. I'm guessing the ring broke because of the craziness of this match.

-Kings Explode. Awesome match. The story was who would act like a dick first and it was Claudio. Claudio worked on Hero's elbow arm and it turned out that was the difference in the end. Claudio hit the ropes for a dive when the top rope broke (I blame Steen's fat, funny ass). Spontaneously, he went to each top turnbuckle and took off each buckle from each hook, then proceeded to dive over the middle and bottom ropes to plancha Hero on the floor. Hero came back, but his elbows were not nearly as effective due to the arm work Claudio did. Lots of near falls at the end. Claudio finally got the pin with I believe was launching European uppercut.

taken from pwg message board

Kenny King d Brian Cage

Steen/Tozawa d RockNES

Ricochet d Willie Mack

Dynasty d Cutlers

Eddie Edwards d El Generico (he's getting on a losing streak)

Bucks d Gen Next

Tozawa d Chris Hero

Claudio d Low Ki

• Paid Members

It was supposed to be Chuck Taylor vs Ricochet, but Taylor pulled his groin last night, so we got Hero vs Tozawa instead. If it's half as good as their BOLA match I'll be extremely happy

• Paid Members

So much the Machine Guns vs the Wolves - Sabin is out for the rest of the year after tearing both his ACL and MCL in his knee during a match against Anarquia at the April 20 iMPACT tapings. Incidentally, who the fuck is Anarquia?

So much the Machine Guns vs the Wolves - Sabin is out for the rest of the year after tearing both his ACL and MCL in his knee during a match against Anarquia at the April 20 iMPACT tapings. Incidentally, who the fuck is Anarquia?

He's the guy in the Mexican American stable with Hernandez and 2 women are can't remember the names of. The injury looked pretty horrible when it happened so i'm not surprised he's out for that long.

• Paid Members

Is that the stable that Sarah Stock is part of ? (Except presumably she's not called Sarah Stock in TNA). Anyway...

Cyanide : A Loving Tribute to Poison

• Paid Members

Top Ten PWG matches 2010

1) El Generico & Chuck Taylor vs. The Young Bucks

Is that the stable that Sarah Stock is part of ? (Except presumably she's not called Sarah Stock in TNA). Anyway...

Just noticed this, yes it is. I didn't know who Sarah Stock was so i had to look her up. She's called Sarita in TNA.

I just watched Cyanide : A Loving Tribute to Poison and loved it, agree with everything you wrote EXCEPT i really liked the main event. I hadn't seen KOW in ages and i thought Paul London had a really good outing. El Generico's Ricola Bomb reversal into a Yoshitonic was amazing!

^^havent been for quite a while. Ki got released on December 23. 2010

Archived