The Official PWG Thread

PWG are at their peak at the moment. They seem to be just churning out great shows for fun. Seven was fantastic. The Young Bucks are my favourite thing in PWG. The heat for their matches is always nuclear.

I can't wait to read your thoughts on Willie Mack DDD. I've only seen him twice but he's already my favourite indy wrestler in the US.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does seem that since Gabe was fired from ROH in Oct 08, PWG quickly and surely became THE indy company in America to watch.

They haven't had a bad show since..... I dunno because 2007 or 2008 wasn't bad, those shows just look weak in comparison to the strength of the shows they're putting on now.

For my money, PWG have been on fire for at least three years now and long may it continue.

• Paid Members
I can't wait to read your thoughts on Willie Mack DDD. I've only seen him twice but he's already my favourite indy wrestler in the US.

Is he the tubby lad who's facing Steen at ASW8? I shall keep an eye for him...

It does seem that since Gabe was fired from ROH in Oct 08, PWG quickly and surely became THE indy company in America to watch.

Don't forget the poor six months beforehand which was the reason Gabe got the boot in the first place :laugh:

Is it an easy promotion to pick up on? I've everything from 2010 here but nothing before or after. By that I mean is it easy to follow i'm not going to be lost without a load of background on angles etc?

Simple to pick up on. If your lost its bound to be covered on the ever so great commentary team!

I echo everybody else here... PWG is the only indie promotion that i catch every single show from. There that good!

• 2 weeks later...
On Friday 27th May 2011, @KillSteenKill said:

People, read this, retweet it. Tell the world. RE: PWG All Star Weekend Night 1's card changes:

PWG always gets struck by bad luck. Almost every show. Tomorrow night was supposed to see Low Ki battle Alex Shelley but unfortunately, Ki needs to stay home to deal with a family emergency. I know the feeling all too well. Last month, I had to do the same. And it absolutely killed me to have to bail on PWG. But I swore I'd make it up to the fans and coincidentally, I think Low Ki's situation is going to help me achieve that.

Since Ki won't be able to face Shelley, the decision was made to have Alex Shelley wrestle Eddie "Eddie Edwards" Edwards in a unique battle that could only happen in a PWG ring. However, that leaves Tozawa without a match. This is where I come in. I'm well aware of the match I am booked in tomorrow night against Willie Mack. And I don't want that to change. On the contrary, I look forward to putting him in his place... and by that I mean back in the front row with the rest of the fans.

But I'm also well aware of the fact that there's a certain team out there that a lot of PWG fans hoped Tozawa and I would wrestle before our Japanese friend has to return home to the land of the rising sun (Wesley Snipes!) And to make up for missing the last show, I want to give PWG fans the opportunity to see that match.

So here it is...a challenge...

After I'm done with Willie Mack, Akira Tozwa and Kevin Steen vs Ricochet and El Generico.

Generico, don't be a fucking pussy. Let's do this!

See you tomorrow night.

So they lose Ki and end up with a better show, amazing. That tag is gonna be insane :thumbsup:

PWG is the hottest fed on earth right now. If you're not watching it you're missing out. DDT 4 this year was absolutely mindblowing.

-Tozawa in Reseda is just about the biggest babyface I've ever seen. The man is incredible. Kevin Steen ain't far behind.

-The Young Bucks are complete and utter shitheads who get nuclear heat. They have amazing matches every time out going back all the way to 2008.

-Claudio in PWG is better than Claudio anywhere else. He just seems to turn it up a notch in Cali.

-Hero has been maybe their MVP since 2007. Consistently a big part of the fed.

-They have the best batch of locals since the initial Super Dragon/Bosh/Sky/etc crew. Johnny Goodtime and Johnny Yuma rock as a babyface team, Willie Mack is incredible, Brandon Gatson is sick when he's on and The Taylor Boys are solid midcarders.

and of course you have El Generico, the best wrestler in the world.

Tozawa in Reseda is just about the biggest babyface I've ever seen. The man is incredible. Kevin Steen ain't far behind.

On that note...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Kevin Steen's performance in the final is absolutely incredible. He was a one man crazy machine while taking everything that the Bucks had to offer. I definately think Kevin Steen is the best wrestler in the US indies today.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

The tournament is stunning. The non-tournament match was shit I thought, but you can't have it all.

I must get up-to-date with PWG, i think i'm maybe 3 dvds behind atm.

Alot of wrestlers seem to perform better in PWG than they do in other feds. It annoys me that some people dislike The Young Bucks so much based on there TNA performances. They have been unbelievably good for so long in PWG. I know El Generico doesn't really have bad matches but has he had anything but a good match in PWG??

Archived