IWF End Of An Era

IWF

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for that. Ended up making the show after all, however only arrived at the beginning of the Kris/Kingdom match. Shame, as the triple threat was probably the match I was most hyped for as well.

Great show. Some matches were more amazing than others, but all in all, it was a good way to end this era of IWF. Can't wait to see what the next one brings. As for who said they were leaving, unless I missed somebody before the triple threat and the opening promo/title change, the only one who announced that they were done was Jimmy Blade. Everybody else will either stick around or quietly disappear. Or maybe internet firing. Who knows.

• Paid Members

Just read that Big Kris has called it a day.

So, on the poster were the following.

TY McFly - on haitus

Assassin - unknown, he hinted at the start "this may be his last match", but he has the belt.

Brett Eagle - unknown

Big Kris - gone

So, two of them gone, another one might be and a fourth we don't know about it. Interesting times indeed within the IWF.

*Kitty Morgan eliminated Adam Christ (coming back strong with a standing sunset powerbomb pin for the win).

Winner and NEW IWF North East Champion - Kitty Morgan (becoming the first ever female North East Champion in the process!)

(Been asked to...)

Firstly, congratulations and the move was the Code Red for anyone wanting to know.

I'm awaiting for confirmation on it but she may be the first (or at least one of very few) female in the UK independent scene to win a prominently men's singles championship. Ringbelles/Women of Wrestling could not name another female in the UK but if anyone knows please let us know. I think this is more for bragging rights than anything else.

Thanks to everyone on the show and that attended the show, goodbye for now I guess and remember the future has yet to be written...so who knows!

• Paid Members

My plan was, if we found out at the show who was leaving, to get their autographs for the collection (bit of a geek you know!).

I still might, so if any former IWF members hear a knock at the door at 3am, and there's a guy outside with a notepad and pen, it's just me :thumbsup:

Who left then?

Curios to know, sorry I wasn't there, I'm down south

As being a part of IWF as far as im aware; Katsu, Leon Kingdom, Lewis Chambers, Assassin, Jimmy Blade, Tim Strange are not staying, there may be more on there way after the first show under new management.

all of these names were quoted by an outgoing member of the IWF roster so thats a lot of guys with Kris and possibly Brett leaving too, doesnt leave much

• Paid Members

Wondering where you read that as I just spoke to the man himself and he says he hasn't actually left yet?

Post on Facebook by himself.

Wondering where you read that as I just spoke to the man himself and he says he hasn't actually left yet?

Sorry for any confusion . I have a injury and going to need to let it heal. I didnt mean i was going to quit

• Paid Members

Sorry for any confusion . I have a injury and going to need to let it heal. I didnt mean i was going to quit

My apologies then :)

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had a chance too sign up to UKFF yet as my internet has been down! -_-

I started watching IWF at the start of last year and I have been extremelly impressed with what I have seen.

I'm extremelly dissapointed that I couldn't make the show as I thought it would be interesting to see how IWF finished off their last show as that group of wrestlers.

The whole card looked really good with the top matches I would have wanted too see, KATSU vs Ryder vs Chambers and the North East title match.

But the match I wanted too view the most as I have followed them since they started as a team is Max Heat vs Brett Eagle.

Can somebody tell me their review of them matches please? :D

Would be much appreciated! :)

I started watching IWF at the start of last year and I have been extremelly impressed with what I have seen.

I'm extremelly dissapointed that I couldn't make the show as I thought it would be interesting to see how IWF finished off their last show as that group of wrestlers.

The whole card looked really good with the top matches I would have wanted too see, KATSU vs Ryder vs Chambers and the North East title match.

But the match I wanted too view the most as I have followed them since they started as a team is Max Heat vs Brett Eagle.

i think most of them are on youtube pal :)

i think most of them are on youtube pal :)

the 1st half of show is up but im havin probz with youtube so 2nd half isnt up yet, but im giving it a few more days then hopefully have rest up

Archived