IWF End Of An Era

IWF

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the same thing to be honest, but maybe there's just not that much to say as everything's been anounced and answered. I'm looking forward to it and it's going to be a shame to lose any of the current roster let alone a few, but getting to see IWF how I enjoy it one more time does interest me.

A good mix and variety too, most looking forward to Lewis vs Robbie vs Katsu and the Max Heat vs Brett Eagle street fight. But even saying that, my curiosity is peaked regarding Assassin's open challenge and the North East title match. Throw that with Big Kris and Leon Kingdom seemingly going to beat the hell out of each other and the lighter relief of Billy Morrison it looks to be a very entertaining show.

I do wonder if we find out on the night who's leaving or if it will all be behind the scenes stuff. I'm imagining the latter.

I was thinking the same thing to be honest, but maybe there's just not that much to say as everything's been anounced and answered. I'm looking forward to it and it's going to be a shame to lose any of the current roster let alone a few, but getting to see IWF how I enjoy it one more time does interest me.

A good mix and variety too, most looking forward to Lewis vs Robbie vs Katsu and the Max Heat vs Brett Eagle street fight. But even saying that, my curiosity is peaked regarding Assassin's open challenge and the North East title match. Throw that with Big Kris and Leon Kingdom seemingly going to beat the hell out of each other and the lighter relief of Billy Morrison it looks to be a very entertaining show.

I do wonder if we find out on the night who's leaving or if it will all be behind the scenes stuff. I'm imagining the latter.

There is nothing seemingly about it, Im going to beat the hell out of Kingdom

Show is tonight. Hoping to get a last second ride to the show, as I really want to go to this, but it seems unlikely. :(

Good luck to all the wrestlers and whatnot though. Hope you put on a scorching show. :thumbsup:

Quick Results:

Assassin's open challenge was not answered by a wrestler from the back, but rather from Jimmy Blade sitting in the crowd. Not willing to wait until later on these two went straight at it resulting in Jimmy Blade rolling up Assasin very quickly to become the NEW IWF Champion. Assassin very quickly invoked his rematch clause and the two agreed to do it again later that night.

Robbie Ryder defeated Lewis 'The Dragon' Chambers and Katsu.

Big Kris defeated Leon Kingdom

Redback Redemption were able to retain the IWF Tag Team Championship against their mystery opponents who turned out to be Cabbie Klowaski and Fracture the Clown calling themselves Weird and Wonderful.

Assassin defeated Jimmy Blade to regain the IWF Championship and become a 6-time IWF Champion in the process.

*Interval*

Brett Eagle came out to officially accept the Street Fight against former partner and friend Max Heat. It wasn't long before Max responded in kind and Brett left the ring to save himself an early beating.

IWF North East Championship Match (Elimination)

Adam Christ vs TY McFly vs Lucas Marvel vs Kitty Morgan

Marcus Starr hit the ring at the start of this match to take charge of his own career as he felt being left off the show was not right or fair, he officially added himself to this match. This didn't last long as the other 4 competitors hit their respective finishing moves on Marcus.

*Lucas Marvel eliminated Marcus Starr (after all 4 finishers were hit on Marcus)

*TY McFly eliminated Lucas Marvel (catching him with the Cutter from a Frog Splash attempt)

*Kitty Morgan eliminated TY McFly (after Adam Christ took advantage of Lucas distracting the referee, and Adam used the North East Championship to knock out both TY and Kitty before dragging Kitty on top of TY)

*Kitty Morgan eliminated Adam Christ (coming back strong with a standing sunset powerbomb pin for the win).

Winner and NEW IWF North East Champion - Kitty Morgan (becoming the first ever female North East Champion in the process!)

Marcus Starr then blamed General Manager Mr Hollywood for his treatment and called him out, demanding a match on the show. Mr Hollwood quickly chose an opponent for him, himself!

Marcus Starr defeated Mr Hollywood (via knock out when trapped in a Crossface variation choosing to make Mr Hollywood pass out and taking the option of tapping out away)

Billy Morrison (with Big Gary) defeated Mark Anthony (with Adam Christ) in a World of Sports rules match.

Max Heat defeated Brett Eagle in a Street Fight that went all around and almost destroyed the building.

Quick Results:

Assassin's open challenge was not answered by a wrestler from the back, but rather from Jimmy Blade sitting in the crowd. Not willing to wait until later on these two went straight at it resulting in Jimmy Blade rolling up Assasin very quickly to become the NEW IWF Champion. Assassin very quickly invoked his rematch clause and the two agreed to do it again later that night.

Robbie Ryder defeated Lewis 'The Dragon' Chambers and Katsu.

Big Kris defeated Leon Kingdom

Redback Redemption were able to retain the IWF Tag Team Championship against their mystery opponents who turned out to be Cabbie Klowaski and Fracture the Clown calling themselves Weird and Wonderful.

Assassin defeated Jimmy Blade to regain the IWF Championship and become a 6-time IWF Champion in the process.

*Interval*

Brett Eagle came out to officially accept the Street Fight against former partner and friend Max Heat. It wasn't long before Max responded in kind and Brett left the ring to save himself an early beating.

IWF North East Championship Match (Elimination)

Adam Christ vs TY McFly vs Lucas Marvel vs Kitty Morgan

Marcus Starr hit the ring at the start of this match to take charge of his own career as he felt being left off the show was not right or fair, he officially added himself to this match. This didn't last long as the other 4 competitors hit their respective finishing moves on Marcus.

*Lucas Marvel eliminated Marcus Starr (after all 4 finishers were hit on Marcus)

*TY McFly eliminated Lucas Marvel (catching him with the Cutter from a Frog Splash attempt)

*Kitty Morgan eliminated TY McFly (after Adam Christ took advantage of Lucas distracting the referee, and Adam used the North East Championship to knock out both TY and Kitty before dragging Kitty on top of TY)

*Kitty Morgan eliminated Adam Christ (coming back strong with a standing sunset powerbomb pin for the win).

Winner and NEW IWF North East Champion - Kitty Morgan (becoming the first ever female North East Champion in the process!)

Marcus Starr then blamed General Manager Mr Hollywood for his treatment and called him out, demanding a match on the show. Mr Hollwood quickly chose an opponent for him, himself!

Marcus Starr defeated Mr Hollywood (via knock out when trapped in a Crossface variation choosing to make Mr Hollywood pass out and taking the option of tapping out away)

Billy Morrison (with Big Gary) defeated Mark Anthony (with Adam Christ) in a World of Sports rules match.

Max Heat defeated Brett Eagle in a Street Fight that went all around and almost destroyed the building.

I really enjoyed the show. It was very long though, didn't get out til between 10 and half past. Street fight worth the wait though.

Congratulations to Kitty Morgan on the title, anyone know if she was ok there was some blood looked like she may have popped her nose - but I did appreciate the CM Punk-esque "I will bleed for this" with the belt.

she was OK afterwards, I thought she might have broke it at first as Adam Christ landed on her face but it was only a bust nose in the end. Street Fight was fun and chaotic

Who left then?

Curios to know, sorry I wasn't there, I'm down south

As being a part of IWF as far as im aware; Katsu, Leon Kingdom, Lewis Chambers, Assassin, Jimmy Blade, Tim Strange are not staying, there may be more on there way after the first show under new management.

• Paid Members
Who left then?

Curios to know, sorry I wasn't there, I'm down south

As being a part of IWF as far as im aware; Katsu, Leon Kingdom, Lewis Chambers, Assassin, Jimmy Blade, Tim Strange are not staying, there may be more on there way after the first show under new management.

Jack Flash is also gone.

Assassin has the belt, so it's a bit strange if he's going?

TY McFly is going on hiatus as well, but Kitty has the NE gold.

• Paid Members

There we some matches I enjoyed more than others, I'm not going to name them as overall I thought it was a good show, and with wrestling you are not going to like every match.

Few comments though.

When I sat down, I was level with the left (as you were coming in) turnbuckle. With that many power moves in the right hand corners, the ring moved at least three inches and by the end I was facing the person opposite me!

The World of Sport match. You announced a World of Sport rules match, I know the rules, I'm a geek, I grew up with World of Sport, however, not everyone did. Perhaps announce the rules beforehand?

To me, after Hot Wings broke up, I thought Max would have been the heel (or villan to use WoS vernacilar), was interesting to see crowd cheering him. Awesome theme music

One question I do need to ask. What happened to the mics?

But as I said, a fiver well spent, brilliant show, all the best to those that have left the company, as for the rest, see you in September. Looking forward to it.

Archived