HARDCORE MATCHES

PATTIJ

The business associate is none other than the British Hardcore champion. But dixon is two faced with this the reason is he had told him two days before that hardcore matches were not wanted at his shows, then on the saturday night it was announced there would be a bring your own weapons match for the hanley show. This was a hardcore tag challenge match involving Robbie brookside. Also in february it was also announced for the york show which was going to be put on at a later date.

As for the statement made of hanley shows been family shows thats a laugh when the dixon clan openly let one of the ringside fans openly go to the ringside drop his trousers and expose his bare behind. But the problem is that the wrestlers who have complained about this have not been seen at hanley since. skull murphy was one wrestler was to name and we havent seen him since.

Hey leave that guy alone, hes harmless and more to the point, It's still real to him dammit!!!

• 4 months later...
Hardcore matches can be fun, WWF did some great ones in 2000/2001 with the whole 24/7 rule and everything. However this is never going to translate too well to britwres and essentially just ends up as 2 twats hitting each other with light tubes and baking trays and has no place on the majority of cards today.

Pretty much. Hardcore matches were great in the WWE, because they were done well and got the crowd going. Crowds always get fun out of a bit of weapons brawling, and it can be used to liven up a show. However, suggest "hardcore wrestling" and it will just turn into a CZW style deathmatch bloodbath.

EDIT: For some reason, I didn't notice this thread was about 5 months old. What the hell? I apologise.

• Paid Members
The business associate is none other than the British Hardcore champion.

Who?? I didn't know there was even a "British Hardcore champion".

As for the genre of match itself, Most of the old ECW stuff I found entertaining, never saw the point in the Deathmatches as it just seemed like mindless violence rather than wrestling.

As Previously stated, most BritWres hardcore matches are a bit...well....shit.

Edit - I also just noticed the age of this thread! lol...

Hardcore matches are detrimental to not only the health of the wrestlers involved but the expectations of fans after each match, they aren't wrestling, just a blood bath. Sure they can be very entertaining and comedic, but when they become mindless death matches they suck. Even more so when someone gets instantly up from a weapon hit it makes the next event where the champ gets struck down by a chair and lingers for a few minutes look satirical in context.

Archived