Have you ever felt

Richie Freebird

The ones who don't watch but read spoilers. So they are not actually watching the product just reading someone elses view on it and forming their own from that. Then coming on here and other places and moaning about it.

Scum. Subhuman scum.

Bang on. You'd have to be an absolute div to take any spoilers/recaps on a website as gospel in the first place, especially when it comes to judging the quality of a show.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I've never understood people switching off after seeing only one show that they didn't like.

Anyway, I stopped watching shortly after Wrestlemania 20, mainly due to lack of interest. It seems mental to me now because there wasn't really anything about the TV product that switched me off, and even looking back and watching some shows it seemed like a really good year.

I started watching again in late 2005 around the time Eddie died. Started watching mainly for nostalgic purposes, and then Edge happened to win the WWE Title at New Year's Revolution and I started watching regularly afterwards.

You missed 2002 :( Damn, that was a good year.

Nope, Wrestlemania 20 was in 2004!

Absolutely correct, wasn't 2002 great?

Anyway, people who judge the product on spoilers are ridiculous, likewise people who only watch wrestlemania then complain it wasn't good, well obviously if you haven't seen any of the buildup it won't be great will it?!

I am just coming back from a major gap. Between 2004 and 2010 all I watched each year was the Royal Rumble and Mania out of tradition. Plus maybe an old comp or DVD thrown in every now and again. I had gone from watching everything I could get my hands on too. Pre-broadband I was buying 10+ tapes a week from Si and the other tape traders here. WWE, Japan, Indy's, Lucha, Joshi, old territory comps, OVW, shoots etc. I just got burned out in the end. Plus work and personal life meant I did not have the spare time I had once had in the past.

Last year The Nexus's initial attack on Raw intrigued me enough to start to watch WWE tv again. Slowly but surely I have built up to watching Raw every week, every WWE PPV and the odd Smackdown and Impact. I take advantage of private wrestling trackers to catch up on things I've missed or just enjoy old stuff from the past. I listen to a couple of WO and LAW podcasts a week. I am not watching at the level I once did but have found a happy medium.

I've never completely lost interest and doubt I ever will. I also don't have much time for people who make a big deal out of "giving up on wrestling for years except this show and that show!" it's bullshit.

Also people who read wrestling are the lowest form of scum wrestling fans.

explain?

The ones who don't watch but read spoilers. So they are not actually watching the product just reading someone elses view on it and forming their own from that. Then coming on here and other places and moaning about it.

Scum. Subhuman scum.

in other words the trolls that plague the comments section on 411 and other news sites

I use to watch from about 1999 to 2001 then stopped at the time I thought I grew out of it and then started watching again briefly in 2007 but didn't like the product at all then got back into it last year just after wrestlemania

I flicked over to a WWE show this morning and it was a "from the vault" match. I was really alarmed at how un entertained I was, not because it was a bad match, just because I really wasn't intrested. I hope this phase goes away and quickly. Pro Wrestling has been my number one hobby and obsession all my life...

If this keeps up, you on topic junkies may finally get a bit of peace!

I was a regular viewer from just after Judgement Day 2000 for years, maybe until after the first draft with Ric Flair depending when that actually was. Anyway I just sort of wandered from it for no particular reason, maybe growing out of it. Over the years I've gone through phases of being an avid viewer but it hasn't lasted. Just recently got back into it with all the hype around WrestleMania and I'm trying to find reasons to stick with it this time.

Right now, I only watch the PPVs in my mates house once a month.

A long stand off with Sky in our house means no TV to watch so I just go to my mates once a month for the PPVs.

I always enjoy the events, but after they're finished, a few days later I actually have to think about who won and what the card was.

I've been a fan non-stop since somwhere around Wrestlemania 3. However, the last few years i've suffered some bad periods of burn out. I think the amount of promotions, easily obtained footage and the internet kinda' wears you out in the end. That and the fact my interest in MMA has been on the rise moreso than ever the last few years. I suppose it's like anything really, the more you overdo it the less exciting and special it becomes. It becomes mundane and you feel you're doing it out of some kind of obligation. With the WWE I only watch the PPV's as I think TV would drive me insane. I've cut down alot on my dvd spending and generally watch what I want to when I feel like it and you feel better off for it. Still love going to live shows mind

I've been a fan non-stop since somwhere around Wrestlemania 3. However, the last few years i've suffered some bad periods of burn out. I think the amount of promotions, easily obtained footage and the internet kinda' wears you out in the end.

This is definitely true. Every news site is obliged to negatively pick apart wrestling, so after you read them for a bit, even if you don't go full "no gimmicks needed, give them ten more minutes and it'd be a ****3/4 match" you still end up with a more cynical view on the shows. And the ease of access to old footage now makes the footage a lot less special, I think.

I totally agree. That last RAW killed a bit of me inside. It was just shite. So shite I feel like not watching further WWE programming. I don't need to watching Cole (I think he sells himself well in promos but it's all FAR too long in the tooth now) whip JR's arse with a belt. Theres no reason for JR to be ridiculed as much as he is either. It seems from the top down WWE is a cruel, poisonous company.

• 3 weeks later...

Thankfully, the amazing NOAH show in Wolverhampton last weekend saved atleast a bit of my enthusiasm for pro wrestling. I've been quite happily watching tapes of Japanese wrestling since then. Unfortunatley though I still have verry little (if any) intrest in watching the mainstream American product. I don't know if I'll ever regain intrest in that.

It isn't a sport!

Fucking hell not this again...

Archived