Have you ever felt

Richie Freebird

yeh big time, i went from being a hardcore fan to completely losing interest over night, it was like burn out or something. I watched bits and pieces over the next few years but recently ive found myself getting back into it again...i'll never follow it as much as i did in my late teens as MMA has basically filled that void (and i dont think ill ever get tired of MMA), but wrestling is just something i enjoy now rather than something that i follow.

That's the same as me, whenever I watch WWE or TNA I generally enjoy it for what it is but if I miss it, it does'nt really bother me.

I used to be obsessed in the early 00's and even tried the whole ROH & FWA thing that Power Slam were pimping but it just seemed too small time and then Tito Ortiz had a pull apart with Ken Shamrock & Chuck Liddell at UFC 51 and I was a fan from then on.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dropped out for the first time in mid 2008. Cena was grating on me anyways, and the "JBL is poopy" thing is the straw that broke the camel's back. I realised they just weren't catering for me anymore. Shame, because 2006/2007 were some of my favourite years in recent history. They drew me back for Wrestlemania 25 and HBK vs Taker, but I lost access to WWE programming soon after, and realised that I didn't give enough of a fuck to get it back again.

In mid 2010, I had my pay TV reconnected so I could watch MMA, and stumbled across this awesome little angle with these guys called the Nexus. I recognised Daniel Bryan because I gave the first couple of NXT episodes a look on Youtube. "Wow, this could be awesome," I thought. Then Bryan was fired for choking an announcer with a tie. Fucking bullshit! Kane set Jim Ross on fire in 2003 and nobody batted an eyelid. Fucking PG. But... that ring destroying angle still was pretty awesome, so I kept with it. Nexus destroyed Bret Hart, Vince, and other jobbers, rolling into a Summerslam main event against a team led by John Cena. Damn, wrestling is getting back to Attitude-levels! Then... Cena ran through them all barely breaking a sweat. Fucking Super Cena, fuck this shit.

So I was out again. Then, earlier this year: "Holy fucking shit, the Rock is back!?!?!" Boom! Hooked. The Great One hadn't lost a step. In fact, he was so great, he made everyone else in the WWE look average. Cena stepped up with a couple of good promos (and some bad ones too), hell, The Rock vs John Cena? Sign me up! And the match was announced... a year from now! And I'm out again, enhanced more by Edge's retirement. Everytime I almost get pulled back, I'm given another reason to walk away. Major shame, as I was once a die-hard wrestling fan. :(

I've gone off it a few times, I started liking wrestling when I was about 5 or 6 because I liked the action figures so then I used to get stuff like Summerslam 88 on VHS for birthdays and christmases. I liked it up until after Wrestlemania 9 which is when I stopped buying WWF magazine probably just because I mas miles more into football

We got Sky in the summer of 94 so I started watching again just before Summerslam then watched Raw every week when they started showing that until just after King of the Ring 96, don't know why I went off it that time, I was probably just burnt out watching the same show for so long

Got into watching it again when my brother told me the Undertaker's brother had turned up then probably got into it more than ever around the end of 98/beginning of 99 where Id watch Raw on Friday night then watch the Livewire or whichever show it was the following morning just because I was that into it

Haven't really gone off it since but I only watch Raw now, I don't bother with Smackdown as I find it boring, I'm not intrigued or bothered about any wrestler enough to make me want to buy a PPV, I've never really bothered with anything but WWE to be honest

Even though I still watch it it very rarely gets me that interested, the last time I literally jumped out of my seat was when I thought HBK had beaten Triple H on Raw in 2003 when Bischoff came down and said it was a double pin, I'd left my bird who I'd been seeing a week in bed gagging for it just so I could watch that match because I honestly thought he might win it

I wouldn't do that for Cena or anyone nowadays

I've never completely lost interest and doubt I ever will. I also don't have much time for people who make a big deal out of "giving up on wrestling for years except this show and that show!" it's bullshit.

Also people who read wrestling are the lowest form of scum wrestling fans.

Yeah, I basically stopped paying attention to wrestling full stop about mid 2007. Came back just after Mania 25 and even though, the product was terrible at times with the Guest Hosts and stuff, I carried on watching.

I thought last year was really good, the most exciting wrestling has been in ages. The Road to Wrestlemania was really well done and then they had the Nexus angle keeping the product hot after Mania, which they don't usually have. Yeah, they ballsed it up at the end but there was still a lot of really good stuff involved in that angle.

I think this year has been decent enough so far. They're lacking that really hot angle again though like they had with Nexus last year though so time will tell whether the product can stay interesting for the rest of the year.

Ive never fallen out of love with wrestling as a whole. Whenever ive soured of or got bored with a specific product i look elsewhere for something that grabs my attention once more. With so many varied companies across the world with so many sifferent styles theres always something. Then of course theres always those old shows every fan never grows bored of, the shows that hold memories for them individually.

I can however say ive lost interest in a product before, but until recently i could never say i couldnt sit through a TV show and not find at least one thing i enjoyed on it. Even its darkest days WCW had something to enjoy and grab your attention, the same with WWF/E during theirs... But TNA to me has nothing right now, i used to watch religiously as even when it was bad there was some good.. But sadly i cant even stand to watch a whole episode of Impact anymore..

I would also say as ive got older i watch less.. This is mainly due to having less time and an over saturation of new shows.. WWE has 6hrs of new programing a week if you dont include highlight shows, more if its a PPV week or extended Raw week.. Thats a quarter of a day per week for just one company.. Its just not realistic to watch anywhere near the amount i used to..

I've never understood people switching off after seeing only one show that they didn't like.

Anyway, I stopped watching shortly after Wrestlemania 20, mainly due to lack of interest. It seems mental to me now because there wasn't really anything about the TV product that switched me off, and even looking back and watching some shows it seemed like a really good year.

I started watching again in late 2005 around the time Eddie died. Started watching mainly for nostalgic purposes, and then Edge happened to win the WWE Title at New Year's Revolution and I started watching regularly afterwards.

I've never completely lost interest and doubt I ever will. I also don't have much time for people who make a big deal out of "giving up on wrestling for years except this show and that show!" it's bullshit.

explain?

• Paid Members

I switched off a bit when I moved in with my ex, and practically watched no WWE apart from Rumbles and Manias for two years or so. I started watching as much as I could (without a Sky subscription) when Punk won the title for the first time, and re-embraced Raw and the free PPVs religiously when I moved in with flatmate two years ago and got Sky.

I can't imagine losing interest completely until the day comes when there are no characters I care about anymore. And I reckon there will always be someone I'm into.

• Paid Members
I've never understood people switching off after seeing only one show that they didn't like.

Anyway, I stopped watching shortly after Wrestlemania 20, mainly due to lack of interest. It seems mental to me now because there wasn't really anything about the TV product that switched me off, and even looking back and watching some shows it seemed like a really good year.

I started watching again in late 2005 around the time Eddie died. Started watching mainly for nostalgic purposes, and then Edge happened to win the WWE Title at New Year's Revolution and I started watching regularly afterwards.

You missed 2002 :( Damn, that was a good year.

You missed 2002 :( Damn, that was a good year.

Nope, Wrestlemania 20 was in 2004!

explain?

The ones who don't watch but read spoilers. So they are not actually watching the product just reading someone elses view on it and forming their own from that. Then coming on here and other places and moaning about it.

Scum. Subhuman scum.

Archived