Promoters on UKFF

Jetta's G-string

• Paid Members
Others, like Petey Staniforth just shouldn't be anywhere near a computer (and arguably backstage at a wrestling show).

But who would people's little sisters get sleazed on by then?

There's always that Scottish bloke...?

Ian Krankie?

I do agree with a previous comment. With promoters (good ones by the way) being on here it helps with looking at how shows are promoted, etc and helps me because in the future i for one want to book a show.

• Paid Members

The one thing I will say about some promotions on here is, do people actually read when they write a shit-long post for their show going over the backstory of each and every little detail; and then equally-long passages for each new match or angle announced? I don't.

I was taught that, when writing for the web you should take your content, reduce it by half, and reduce it by half again. People browsing websites want to take information in and quickly. How often do you read a news article on say, the BBC website in full? How often do you read a 10-page thread on here in full? How often do you read a Google search results page in full when looking for something? I'd hazard a guess at not often.

I understand where youre coming from there but I think it might be a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't. I have put matches on and been criticised for not giving people reason to care about the matches but I also see the logic above very clearly. I try to be informative yet not give too much info to put folk off and I have no idea if I have the happy medium. We all know how fickle folk can be so I think its a tricky one to get right, at least for me it is

• Paid Members
I understand where youre coming from there but I think it might be a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't. I have put matches on and been criticised for not giving people reason to care about the matches but I also see the logic above very clearly. I try to be informative yet not give too much info to put folk off and I have no idea if I have the happy medium. We all know how fickle folk can be so I think its a tricky one to get right, at least for me it is

I'm not against giving a sentence or two, but when it's four or five paragraphs

The one thing I will say about some promotions on here is, do people actually read when they write a shit-long post for their show going over the backstory of each and every little detail; and then equally-long passages for each new match or angle announced? I don't.

I was taught that, when writing for the web you should take your content, reduce it by half, and reduce it by half again. People browsing websites want to take information in and quickly. How often do you read a news article on say, the BBC website in full? How often do you read a 10-page thread on here in full? How often do you read a Google search results page in full when looking for something? I'd hazard a guess at not often.

You was taught correctly then. There's more to it than just the number of words though... but it aint my job to enlighten others on my on job skills!

• Paid Members

As a fan I find it sort of helps build a loyalty through reputation.

For a prime example I would go to a Sloan involved show at the drop of hat without really knowing what's on it or who's on it because I get the impression on here that he is a professional guy who has a reputation for delivering what he says and putting on good high quality professional shows.

Also being on here introduced me to shows a little further a field that I wouldn't have know of or been interested in other wise. On the flip side it's certainly helped me decided which shows aren't worth the time and money to travel to through one thing or another in how the shows and the people present themselves.

Archived