Lucha star arrested....and in deep shit.

Snitsky's back acne

People who hate Mexican wrestling have a piece of their soul missing

Can't blame them based on the recent direction it's taken - mainstream lucha libre i.e. CMLL has generally become pretty horrible in the last 5 or 6 years. It's taken on a whole new style, and it lacks just about everything that made me enjoy it so much through the 90s and even up until around the time it was being shown on TWC back in '04. I'd much rather stick an old tape in than sit through a full new show.

Yeah, but if you can fill an arena that size with wrestling that shoddy it's gotta be some kind of indication of the overall standards..

Maybe just maybe there's a few other matches on the card?

I know i'd pay just to watch Aerostar at a AAA show even if that means i have to sit through Jack Evans, Cibernetico and Joe Lider. In saying that Zorro (the guy in the purple) is usually awesome so not sure why that looks so bad.

I actually love AAA.. Even though i donr understand the language i get drawn in to the story.. See Billy Boy and Apache's anglefrom a few years back.. I also enjoy Cibernetico, i just find him fun to watch.. Although it has to be said the angle with Mesias and the coffin of death was a little much lol

Mexican wrestling is an artform in a way just not seen elsewhere and id recommend it to every fan..

Yesterday

• 9 months later...

Don't you know anything? The American wrestlers shake hands, kiss babies, take their vitamins, train hard and battle for truth, justice and honour. All these sleazy Mexicans do is lie, cheat, steal, cut grass and beat up coppers. Why do you think so many of them won't show their face? It's because their mugs are all over airports. Admittedly they aren't as bad as those Canadian bastards who take drugs, do back flips after matches, whine all the fucking time, murder their loved ones, commit suicide, bore the shit out of people and even worse, lose in Canada, but they do have equally greasy hair.

• Paid Members

Can't blame them based on the recent direction it's taken - mainstream lucha libre i.e. CMLL has generally become pretty horrible in the last 5 or 6 years. It's taken on a whole new style, and it lacks just about everything that made me enjoy it so much

I haven't watched Mexican wrestling for a long time, how's it changed? I'm really curious.

Crazy for a night out to turn so bad you spend 15 years in a Mexican prison, Juvi didn't even do any time for fighting that policewoman when he was high years ago did he?

I had a conversation with someone along those exact lines the other week. All Big Daddy ever did was beat up a big haystack, all Austin ever did was kick a rock about, but when the time comes there's only one man we're going to call when we're stuck in a haunted castle.

• Paid Members

Thanks for the in depth explanation, I was never super into Mexican wrestling but I did used to dabble and I really enjoyed the straightforward simplicity of the storytelling, you could always tell who was who and the fans were endearing in their taste for the simple old fashioned pantomime of it. From your description it does sound like they've changed a lot of what I liked about it, especially as when I used to watch it it was as an alternative to American wrestling because it was so different.

Archived