So The PSN Blackout.

The King Of Swing

By the time it is back up I'll probably be a beast at MK lol.

Tommorow would be cool though but the way Sony have handled the fallout I personally wouldn't bet on it but one thing is for sure once it is back up and running I'm deleting my payment details.

What actually is the reason for it being down?

Sony claim they took it down after being hacked while some people are claiming that its something else with one reason being thrown around being that a new CFW allowed people to download DLC without paying.

I heard nothing and I frequent those kind of circles where it would be big news.

I did notice it had the classic hallmarks of a DDOS and intrusion downtime, the blocking and shut down of the system is not something that happens with just a DDOS nor would it be a week with a new system, they'd have had it running alongside while testing it and brought it up during scheduled maintenance.

Wouldn't surprise me if someone has gone in to try and cause some damage and accomplished such.

• Awards Moderator

I would only have used it to download Dusty and Cody Rhodes for WWE All Stars so I can't say I've missed it that much - don't tend to play online that often anyway. I would have done for Red Dead but apparently I have the 'nat type' that means all I do is run around a vast empty landscape looking for someone, anyone else.

Is it a good idea to delete payment details once it's back then re-enter them, then?

Archived