Night Of Champions Dropped

TAFKA Family Guy PMSL

• Paid Members

The problem with War Games isn't two rings. You could achieve a similar effect with sticking the Cell on top of one ring and then the eight/ten men have enough room to fight between the ring, and the space around the outside between the ring and the cage.

The real problem is War Games in PG-era WWE would mean no blood, and I dont think it would be worth doing in that way. The War Games where nobody bled were among the worst, and the Hell In A Cell matches that have taken place since the shift to PG haven't been half as memorable as those featuring big bumps, drawing pins and lashings of claret.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The 94 Wargames didn't have blood, and that was pretty great.

I admit, I haven't seen that one. But it has Dusty on one side and Terry Funk on the other, so must be great by default.

I have however seen 1993 (featuring Shockmaster) and 1995-8 which were all really dull, apart from marking out for duelling Stings in 1996. For about ten seconds.

They should do an all-submission based PPV, playing on the popularity of the UFC without having to do admit to doing so.

WWE: Toughest Will or WWE: Tap Out would sound pretty cool, maybe having a couple of the guys wearing MMA shorts and having ring girls for the one night of the year. They could even have the main event being an I Quit match between Cena and Del Rio or whoever (I've fallen a couple of weeks behind at the moment so they're as good a two I could think of as examples).

The fans could then vote for their favourite submission victory at the end of the night with the winner being granted a World/WWE title shot at the next PPV.

Although I love OFAH I think something it lacks that shows like Peep Show and such have in abudance is relateability, I might be off the mark here but unless your a market trader in 1980's London or working class theres not a lot to relate too on repeated viewings. As the show went on it also suffered from the plots becoming less and less realistic. You could argue that Peep Shows unrealistic in places too but theres something about the show that makes you think it could happen.

They already did an all submission match PPV didn't they? Breaking Point?

• Paid Members
They should do an all-submission based PPV, playing on the popularity of the UFC without having to do admit to doing so.

WWE: Toughest Will or WWE: Tap Out would sound pretty cool, maybe having a couple of the guys wearing MMA shorts and having ring girls for the one night of the year. They could even have the main event being an I Quit match between Cena and Del Rio or whoever (I've fallen a couple of weeks behind at the moment so they're as good a two I could think of as examples).

The fans could then vote for their favourite submission victory at the end of the night with the winner being granted a World/WWE title shot at the next PPV.

A bit like Breaking Point the other year you mean? Only with a load of crap thrown in on top. ;)

A bit like Breaking Point the other year you mean? Only with a load of crap thrown in on top. ;)

If Breaking Point had have had a couple of mid carders wearing MMA-style shorts, a submission of the night comp and one or two ring girls, perhaps a Del Rio/Cena main event and was billed as Tap Out, then I may have remembered that the PPV had have even existed :p

• Paid Members

I dont think you meant to quote THAT, did you Happ??

Unless WWE is planning an Only Fools-themed PPV?

"Peckham Punishment?"

"Trotters Independent Tortment?"

"Market Stall Mayhem?"

I'm out.

• Paid Members
If Breaking Point had have had a couple of mid carders wearing MMA-style shorts, a submission of the night comp and one or two ring girls, perhaps a Del Rio/Cena main event and was billed as Tap Out, then I may have remembered that the PPV had have even existed :p

It did have an ace submissions count anywhere match from what I remember of it, and a quite enjoyable I quit match, even if the finish didn't do it for me.

• Paid Members

Maybe it was just me, but the psychotic performance of Randy during his match with Cena was absolutely beautiful. It was a plateau for my Orton-love, they have sort of lost their way with him since. Admittedly there were some creative shortcuts in the Iron Man match, but it really dragged. For me, the I Quit match was the peak of the Cena/Orton feud. The submissions anywhere match felt like the torch-passing moment that it transpired to in fact truly NOT be, with DX massacring the young uns in their Cell rematch, but I though on the whole Breaking Point was quality.

WWE obviously disagreed.

• Paid Members
Well that guy who listed the ppv names which were in a poll missed out the main one. Capitol Punishment. This is the most likely choice if they were going to Washington D.C.

But its in NY :confused:

And they are doing that 2 months before.

Well that guy who listed the ppv names which were in a poll missed out the main one. Capitol Punishment. This is the most likely choice if they were going to Washington D.C.

No you are wrong, that was for a previous survey. Capitol Punishment has replaced Fatal 4-Way.

Archived