Wade Barrett

Shovanist Pig

• Paid Members
Would guess its just a story, similar to matt striker claiming that Vince McMahon discovered Drew McIntyre on a golf trip with Donald Trump in Scotland (Dunno where or why a wrestler would be at a golf course but thats striker for ya).

He's Scottish. All Scottish people play golf all day, every day, don't they?

Would guess its just a story, similar to matt striker claiming that Vince McMahon discovered Drew McIntyre on a golf trip with Donald Trump in Scotland (Dunno where or why a wrestler would be at a golf course but thats striker for ya).

He's Scottish. All Scottish people play golf all day, every day, don't they?

Unless they're getting fitted for a new kilt then yes, absolutely.

Wade Barrett worked as a recruitment consultant in London before signing his WWE developmental contract. Considering he started wrestling in his early 20s, I very much doubt any of his bare-knuckle fighting back story is true.

I got no idea if it is true or not, but he started wrestling when he was 23. I see no reason why he couldn't have done bare knuckle fighting before that?

Anyone interested in seeing some of Regal's days on the "docks" of Blackpool as the Masked Destroyer, I posted these two videos of it on Youtube here: Part One Part Two

Regal's challenger looks awfully like Drew McDonald!

Cheers for that, Rob, really fun!

I know a little bit about the old Blackpool scene as i talked at length with one of the wrestlers who was stood on the stage in that footage, he lives in Blackpool & worked the Pleasure Beach for years.

The money collected for a (bogus) fighter, was called dobbings. Don"t think they had them at Blackpool? It was more of a Fairground thing?

The "Challenges" were staged, but not always. A wrestler called Jamaica George would take punters on, he would be sneaky though! Instead of playing the villain & risking a riot, If a punter would not take no for an answer. He would play babyface, Smiling & Shaking hands before scurffing him on the canvas that look fairly harmless but put the big mouth right in his place!

They also had another trick for anyone who insisted on fighting. They would send him to the "Dressing Room", which was a fire exit. A solid right hook would be waiting for him & even if he was not knocked out. The location of the door meant that it took ages for a freshly punched challenger, to walk all the way around the Pleasure Beach. By which time the show was already over.

Although a lot of what i have wrote is secondhand info, it does come from a reliable source & I also have witnessed the Blackpool & Fairground "Challenges" for myself.

the thing is thou Donald Trump does own a golf course in Scotland there could be some truth in it. Isnt that how HHH met Sheamus at a golf tournament

Wade Barrett worked as a recruitment consultant in London before signing his WWE developmental contract. Considering he started wrestling in his early 20s, I very much doubt any of his bare-knuckle fighting back story is true.

I got no idea if it is true or not, but he started wrestling when he was 23. I see no reason why he couldn't have done bare knuckle fighting before that?

And reading the interview it states he lived in Liverpool for a while to bare knuckle box. Some of his tweets reference areas and events of liverpool (such as calling himself the "King of the Smithdown 10" on Twitter - http://twitter.com/WadeBarrett/status/56844771804712960).

Archived