Who would greatly benefit from a face/heel turn?

ShortOrderCook

I think Ryder could tag with Regal for similar effect, if Regal's still wrestling.

Beth Phoenix might benefit from turning heel again, to put some renewed focus on her. I kind of wonder if the debut of Awesome Kong means the niche of the powerhouse female will be filled for WWE, and if she'll be out on her arse. Alternatively, Kong could plough through the divas before a vaguely interesting one on one match with Beth takes place.

I can't imagine it poses much threat to Beth, since Kong's niche is that she's massive and repulsive as much as being a powerhouse. Beth Phoenix is still female, and by rights, the one that should have most chance against Kong. Although Phoenix and Natalya are somewhat interchangeable. I presume Nattie's younger, but she's also got a weirder face.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Booking 101 - build towards a match with Phoenix (as a face) asking repeatedly "can she pick Kong up?" And then in the match, earn a big pop by having Beth bodyslam her, before probably getting beaten in the end. Then you can have a rematch.

But WWE has little patience in building anything in the womens division so by the time they have a singles match you'll be fed up of seeing them wrestle in tags and six-woman tags on telly.

• Paid Members
I think Ryder could tag with Regal for similar effect, if Regal's still wrestling.

That's actually an outstanding idea. I was trying to think of someone he actually could team up with for comedic effect, and I didn't consider Regal at all. A Ryder/Regal tandem has bags of potential from an entertainment standpoint.

I can't imagine it poses much threat to Beth, since Kong's niche is that she's massive and repulsive as much as being a powerhouse. Beth Phoenix is still female, and by rights, the one that should have most chance against Kong. Although Phoenix and Natalya are somewhat interchangeable. I presume Nattie's younger, but she's also got a weirder face.

She's only two years younger...

I dunno, I think Natalya's much better looking than Beth Phoenix. Her voice is an octave lower than it probably should be, but when she keeps her mouth shut she's fairly attractive. Beth Phoenix on the other hand looks like someone who had a male-to-female sex change fairly late in life.

beth-phoenix-22.jpg

6859694.jpg

Hmmmm. Point made. Put a little make-up on this guy:

4137990.jpg

and then...

:laugh: LMAO :laugh:

On the Beth or Nattie debate though.. Id have to say Beth, although the above pic is probably one of the worst ive seen of her.

Back on topic.. I think Ted DiBiase could benefit from a turn. Maybe have someone destroy his dad and have him do the whole vengeance gig. I stil lthink Ted Jr has a lot of potential, but they definatly need to hit reboot or take him off TV for a few months.

• Paid Members

Whoever said turn Shaemus...great fucking idea! I never even thought of that before but the guy would make a great kickass babyface, hell put him in a fued with Jack Swagger & Michael Cole, let the big men beat the fuck out of eachother for months and let him boot Cole in the head = instant huge babyface. Also he has a great fued with CM Punk and The Miz waiting. The guy's heel character is a bit played out by now too.

It's frustrating sometimes watching WWE because if they just made a few small changes and additions they would have the most exciting roster since 2001.

Whoever said turn Shaemus...great fucking idea! I never even thought of that before but the guy would make a great kickass babyface, hell put him in a fued with Jack Swagger & Michael Cole, let the big men beat the fuck out of eachother for months and let him boot Cole in the head = instant huge babyface. Also he has a great fued with CM Punk and The Miz waiting. The guy's heel character is a bit played out by now too.

It's frustrating sometimes watching WWE because if they just made a few small changes and additions they would have the most exciting roster since 2001.

well for once I agree with someone, lol. I love the idea of Sheamus being a face but I count it un-likely they would do it as they seem to be light on top end heels. I would kind of like to see a reprisal of the Sheamus/HHH fued but with the roles reversed.

• Paid Members

well for once I agree with someone, lol. I love the idea of Sheamus being a face but I count it un-likely they would do it as they seem to be light on top end heels. I would kind of like to see a reprisal of the Sheamus/HHH fued but with the roles reversed.

At this stage of his career, when he's part time and not even close to active on a full time basis, I don't think a Triple H heel turn could work at all. If he was wrestling regularly that'd be different, but it doesn't look like he's holding up that kind of schedule any more.

• Paid Members
I would kind of like to see a reprisal of the Sheamus/HHH fued but with the roles reversed.

I can't see Triple H ever playing heel again. People will cheer him because "it's Triple H" and there aren't many left that do it as well as him or have put in a shift like his. Hell, in a lot of his segments with Undertaker leading up to 'Mania, he was getting more of the cheers. They'd have to work hard to get people to support Sheamus against him at this point. Plus Trips is nearly finished and clearly is only going to work sparingly so I don't think they'd turn him again now.

• Paid Members

well for once I agree with someone, lol. I love the idea of Sheamus being a face but I count it un-likely they would do it as they seem to be light on top end heels.

They have even less top end babyfaces though. On Raw they got John Cena, Randy Orton (probably going to Smackdown) John Morrison (who isn't over), Sin Cara (who's too new to be a draw), Daniel Bryan (who isn't on the shows)...I mean who else they got? Also Shaemus has already had a heel run at the top of the card, there's nowhere for him to go at the current moment in time. As a kickass tough no-nonsense babyface he's got a ton of fresh fueds lined up. I feel like when it comes to the heels of the future WWE has got a great pick, but when it comes to babyfaces they are running worryingly low.

• Paid Members
They have even less top end babyfaces though. On Raw they got John Cena, Randy Orton (probably going to Smackdown) John Morrison (who isn't over), Sin Cara (who's too new to be a draw), Daniel Bryan (who isn't on the shows)...I mean who else they got? Also Shaemus has already had a heel run at the top of the card, there's nowhere for him to go at the current moment in time. As a kickass tough no-nonsense babyface he's got a ton of fresh fueds lined up. I feel like when it comes to the heels of the future WWE has got a great pick, but when it comes to babyfaces they are running worryingly low.

It's not like it isn't resolvable.

After the draft I think the top tier of the two brands will look something like this:

RAW

Alberto Del Rio (WHC)

John Cena

Triple H OR The Undertaker

CM Punk

Jack Swagger

Wade Barrett

Kofi Kingston

Kane

Big Show

Dolph Ziggler

John Morrison

Alex Riley

Skip Sheffield

Smackdown

The Miz (WWE Champ)

Randy Orton

The Undertaker OR Triple H

Christian

Rey Mysterio

Sheamus

R-Truth

Brodus Clay

Sin Cara

Daniel Bryan

Evan Bourne

Justin Gabriel

Eziekiel Jackson

I think there's a scope for a good balance of babyface's and heels on both sides. I actually think Dolph Ziggler might make a pretty good face should they decide to turn him, and there's always scope for CM Punk to play a kind of "tweener" role. Then there's the potential for a Chris Jericho return, he'd likely return as a good guy. Post brand split I think there'll be a real feeling of freshness on both rosters. I'm looking forward to Monday night, I think both brands are in real need of it.

Hopefully the draft does mean the return of Triple H. Im kinda resigned to him and Undertaker not being around till probably the build up to WrestleMania 28, but who knows maybe with Edge's retirement Triple H will be inclined to wrestle properly again for a few months then retire next year.

Archived