Stewart Lee

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

"Boris Piccaninny Watermelon Letterbox Johnson was doing the same thing when he embraced the Brexit he never believed in, a lie built on bendy bananas, nonexistent NHS funding promises, and millions of imaginary migrating Turks coming over here, with their massages, their baths and their Delight."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/19/stewart-lee-boris-johnson-floppy-haired-beast-of-brexit?CMP=soc_3156

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/29/out-with-pub-bores-back-in-with-the-experts

Tim Wetherspoon’s booze palaces are pie-and-a-pint flophouses for the daytime diaspora of the austerity era, where inexpensively nourished customers are hypnotised by bespoke and quite brilliant regionally specific carpet designs and beguiling guest ales, before being seduced by slogan-strewn anti-EU beermats while at their most mentally pliable.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Paid Members
On 3/21/2017 at 9:01 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't know if it's just the gimmick but whenever Stew talks about Richard Herring he's pretty scathing. It's hilarious and really close to the bone and I kinda enjoy the fact that I don't know if he's shooting or not.

I get the feeling Stew definitely thinks he's above pedalling a nostalgia act and disagrees with Herring's approach to comedy in general but doesn't dislike him on a personal level.

9 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Well, that seems to answer that then. You could see him hesitate a bit before he said it which leads me to suggest it's true. Doesn't look good for Cor.. I mean Stew

Herring took the hump with Andrew Collins because he took a 6music job without him. They used to fill in for Adam And Joe on a Saturday on occasion but Collins filled in on a show with Edith Bowman (I think) and he got stroppy. Also….

• Moderators

I listen to Herring's podcast a good amount and it is funny how the two of them have gone down very different paths. Herring seems to hark back to "the glory days" a lot where as Lee just seems to regret the whole thing. I'm not surprised they don't get on these days and while Stewart Lee is no doubt a prick I don't think its that unusual for him not to reach out to Herring "sorry about your ballbag mate"