LDN's Sanjay Bagga

Beckham's Right Foot

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sanjay Bagga Article

LDN Wrestling's Facebook page posted about this earlier. I read it, and I just wanted to get people's opinions on it. I don't know who wrote it, but I assumed it would be fairly positive about him, being on his site and all, but he comes across like an arrogant prick, in my opinion.

Stuff like

"It took a lot of hard work from Sanjay to get the 11 year retired Saint back into the ring."

"Sanjay, along with Frank Rimer, worked tirelessly around this time to strengthen the relationship between the older generations with the new generation of professional wrestlers as the team of LDN Wrestling came to the British Wrestlers Reunion."

"Over the years, Sanjay has been very outspoken about other promoters, wrestlers and even con men within the industry, and often exposing them."

Obviously, I don't actually know him, and to be honest, I don't know too much about what he's done, whether or not he was a major factor in Saint coming out of retirement etc, that's why I'm here to get other views.

Thoughts?

He wasn't Saint did a few things way before he even worked for LDN.

But his comeback match was for LDN, no?

No, That very same year Saint had worked for All Star at Hanley and had originally been brought back by WAW i believe,as confirmed by the man himself.

He went on to work for LDN about 6 months later.

That suit isn't a good look for him.

The puff piece is a massive fail for many reasons. First of all, the punctuation and grammar is all over the place. Even if it that was all fixed, the general style would still be laughably bad. And even if that was fixed, there's a general lack of humility and more specifically a lack of any actual love of wrestling or even a desire to entertain people. He basically comes across as a bit of a sociopath who has chosen to be a big fish in a very small pond to fuel and, more importantly, protect his ego. What were they trying to achieve?

Sanjay Bagga Article

LDN Wrestling's Facebook page posted about this earlier. I read it, and I just wanted to get people's opinions on it. I don't know who wrote it, but I assumed it would be fairly positive about him, being on his site and all, but he comes across like an arrogant prick, in my opinion.

Stuff like

"It took a lot of hard work from Sanjay to get the 11 year retired Saint back into the ring."

"Sanjay, along with Frank Rimer, worked tirelessly around this time to strengthen the relationship between the older generations with the new generation of professional wrestlers as the team of LDN Wrestling came to the British Wrestlers Reunion."

"Over the years, Sanjay has been very outspoken about other promoters, wrestlers and even con men within the industry, and often exposing them."

Obviously, I don't actually know him, and to be honest, I don't know too much about what he's done, whether or not he was a major factor in Saint coming out of retirement etc, that's why I'm here to get other views.

Thoughts?

No, That very same year Saint had worked for All Star at Hanley and had originally been brought back by WAW i believe,as confirmed by the man himself.

I'm fairly sure you have made the All Star in Hanley bit up. And yes, Saint appeared at a WAW show in 2006 as a guest timekeeper, he didn't wrestle.

To put the record straight, John was brought out of retirement by me to run a training seminar at my WAW academy in 2006, the same night he was guest of honour at our Legends show the same evening. For a while i managed John to get him back in the groove and i am sure Dan Edler used him on a show first for IPW-UK at Orpington not that it matters all promoters are prone to porkies it goes with the territory but its how i recall it but i am getting old and had a few bumps to the head. :D btw pretty sure the Hanley bit is correct also.

Saint wrestled for LDN before IPW:UK, he may have done Hanley before though. I do know that after his comeback, Saint was booked for an LDN match with Danny Collins in Grays. The same match was then booked a few weeks before in Hanley for All Star. Perhaps this is where the confusion lies?

i'v met Sanjay twice and helped out on his 2 shows at Hartlepool last year and will no doubt help out in a few weeks too and must say that the guy just doesnt stop, he was here there everywhere then back again.

he did say hello and shook hand but no actual thank you, thou he did email mate who was on shows to pass on the thanks and hoped to see us next time but to me, hes just a business man that likes his business to run smoothly.

Posibly, I have no problems with him, I moaned on here a few years ago about the match at the wolves ciic which was soposed to be kendo knagasaki vs yorgos but it turned into a tag match too his credit he messaged me, In retrospect I now belive there were perhaps other things going on that he wasn't saying. espessially if you consider wha happend with kendo and LDN shortly afterwards.

so I don't mind him at all certinly one of the better promoters in terms of well... promoting and exposure.

I prefere him to Alex Shane who I feel his no1 concern with ego, With bagga there is some ego involved but not as much I feel he puts more thought and enegy into bettering the industry, Now shane looks like he do's but I feel his ego is his prome motivation for doing so.

just the way I personally see it not trying to have a dig at anyone, could be wrong :)

Running a sucessful touring Wrestling promotion that managed to survive losing it's TV show, and he's not even 25 yet. I think he's entitled to have a bit of an ego tbh. Also after being around here for a while and seeing what some of the other promoters can be like. If the worst thing you can say about him is he bullshits a bit (someone in wrestling lying about how good they are) and is a bit full of himself then....

Is that his mum and dad that run the merchandise stall for him?

To be honest do's sound a little up his arse. "What can be said about Sanjay Bagga? Lots, as one of the most important men in British wrestling, Sanjay has been a controversial character over the past 10 years."

This too. Controversial character? When? Never really hear anything of him. Alex Shane, he's controversial, mainly because of the bullshit he spouts. I guess compared to Alex Shane, Bagga could never call himself controversial. What's he done to be called controversial?

To be honest do's sound a little up his arse. "What can be said about Sanjay Bagga? Lots, as one of the most important men in British wrestling, Sanjay has been a controversial character over the past 10 years."

This too. Controversial character? When? Never really hear anything of him. Alex Shane, he's controversial, mainly because of the bullshit he spouts. I guess compared to Alex Shane, Bagga could never call himself controversial. What's he done to be called controversial?

Could this thread count as controversy?

• Paid Members

I like Sanjay - he has great enthusiasm, aptitude and passion, and he's done loads for British wrestling and even more for somebody his age. He's a shameless self promoter, and I can see how that may rub people up wrong, but I admire it - and he walks the walk. Very few people actually back up they're mouths. He probably isn't even reading this topic right now because he's running a show with 400 paid customers, because he busted his balls handing out flyers in 12hr shifts. He gets his hands dirty & gets it done.

And I can't see anything wrong with those quotes the OP posted. What do you expect him to say? "It took a moderate amount of work..." or "He works kinda hard-ish...". GTFO.

Sure, he was a little over-enthusiastic/immature around 7 years ago when I first met him, and I did fall out with him over some small things (namely the typos & mistakes in the "International Showdown" event programs that were never fixed after I flagged them & it went to print) - but he won me around shortly after and I've been friends with him ever since, and we did business together for a few years without ANY issues. Bottom line is the guy's a pro & I admire his work ethic.

Sanjay Bagga Article

Stuff like

Thoughts?

I'm fairly sure you have made the All Star in Hanley bit up. And yes, Saint appeared at a WAW show in 2006 as a guest timekeeper, he didn't wrestle.

Making it up? He worked an all star legends show at hanley along with Steve Prince,Jimmy Ocean, Danny Collins etc months before he worked for LDN. LDN was probably his first stuff on tv in years,but definately not the first match of his comeback.

Saint wrestled for LDN before IPW:UK, he may have done Hanley before though. I do know that after his comeback, Saint was booked for an LDN match with Danny Collins in Grays. The same match was then booked a few weeks before in Hanley for All Star. Perhaps this is where the confusion lies?

Thats correct rob, he did wrestle danny collins on the hanley show in question,a while before the LDN appearances.

Archived