How good was I?

d-d-d-dAz

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I add one to this and maybe revive it?

Watched The Rise and Fall of ECW last night and was wondering what everyones thoughts were on Tommy Dreamer? I haven't really seen a lot of his matches bar the WWECW stuff. And I though he'd be relevant as he's still about in TNA.

so Tommy Dreamer

how good was i?

For me Dreamer was one of the best babyfaces of the mid-late nineties. Not an ass-kicking, cool, heel babyface such as Austin or the NWO but an actual real babyface who you rooted for when he was getting his ass kicked (as was often the case). That was proven much later when he was leaving WWE and had the fans cheering for him even though he'd been minimally featured through his run there. Seems like a good company man as he proved with ECW and the various roles he played for WWE.

Dreamer originally came into ECW in green suspenders and apathy from the crowd but went down with the company at the end as their biggest hero. Says it all really.

For me he epitomised ECW - the triumph of hype over talent, a mediocre wrestler who got through with excessive spots and a willingness to bleed. He should never have left his cushy backroom job at the WWE to go back into full-time wrestling.

Archived