WWE confiscating Zack Ryder signs.

Snitsky's back acne

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWE in control-freakery shocker.

Wrestling works much better as organised chaos. Almost every guy who has drawn real money has done so partly with their own ideas and personality, pushed in the right direction and placed in the right scenarios by the promoter or creative team and left to sink or swim. If they gave Ryder the ball he'd make 'em a bit of money, if only from daft merchandise, so why not let him? He obviously connects with people on some level, which is more than can be said for most of the guys who've come up from FCW in the last few years. I'm not even saying "push" him, in the sense of giving him wins on TV etc., just give him a bit of air time to establish his character for the wider audience. He'd be much more effective even as enhancement talent if people who don't watch Superstars actually knew who he was.

I remember when the Rock first broke on the scene, he always knew how to draw the audiences attention and get himself over at any cost (sometimes at the expense of others). I don't think he'd be able to if he was just starting out in WWE nowadays. Scary thought.

Wouldn't the issue with Zack Ryder getting over be that it would ruin the character he has created for himself? As WWE works very much on a system where if your over you will always win.However if i was Zack i would ask security to take away signs so he could then go on about how everyone should bring zack ryder signs to the point at which he develops such a loyal following that when he does start winning the crowd are so much behind him that he doesn't need to be built up. Then he could remain in a santino-esque role comfortably for a while.

If anything WWE has too many heels. I don't see why WWE would be bothered about him turning babyface as they don't put him on the shows anyway.

Who knows, maybe they're pissed off because of Zack's "Nobody pushes me!", "This is WWE missing the boat" and "I can't get over" comments from his wepisodes.

Whatever the explanation, if this is true, it's incredibly stupid and damaging to the WWE as a whole.

I think Ryder would make a great babyface actually, he's slowly but surely built up an internet following and as he's always been a goofy comedy heel anyway it's not like he's done anything truly heelish to turn the fans against him.

It makes no sense at all. You see main eventers like Cena and Miz praise Ryder so much and yet he still gets nothing to do. It's baffling. I would hope this gathers more pace and the WWE eventually have to do something with him but I fear he'll just get squashed by some shitarse like Mason Ryan or David Otunga and that'll be that.

• Paid Members
Wouldn't the issue with Zack Ryder getting over be that it would ruin the character he has created for himself? As WWE works very much on a system where if your over you will always win.However if i was Zack i would ask security to take away signs so he could then go on about how everyone should bring zack ryder signs to the point at which he develops such a loyal following that when he does start winning the crowd are so much behind him that he doesn't need to be built up. Then he could remain in a santino-esque role comfortably for a while.

Not sure I entirely see that logic. If the character was the reason he'd gotten over, how would his being pushed ruin it? And, more importantly, why should he want to be comfortable with a Santino-esque role? Every wrestler wants to be a main-eventer one day, and I'm sure all Zack's efforts so far have been with the aim of getting that far.

Not sure I entirely see that logic. If the character was the reason he'd gotten over, how would his being pushed ruin it?

I meant that right now the main basis for his videos is complaining that he "Can't get over" so by putting him over means he loses a large part of what makes his videos funny

WWE in control-freakery shocker.

Wrestling works much better as organised chaos. Almost every guy who has drawn real money has done so partly with their own ideas and personality, pushed in the right direction and placed in the right scenarios by the promoter or creative team and left to sink or swim. If they gave Ryder the ball he'd make 'em a bit of money, if only from daft merchandise, so why not let him? He obviously connects with people on some level, which is more than can be said for most of the guys who've come up from FCW in the last few years. I'm not even saying "push" him, in the sense of giving him wins on TV etc., just give him a bit of air time to establish his character for the wider audience. He'd be much more effective even as enhancement talent if people who don't watch Superstars actually knew who he was.

I think he should at least have the same kind of spot that Santino used to have, as Raw's comedy jobber constantly getting his comeuppance. Ryder's a bit more capable at the MOVEZ than Santino as well, so he doesn't need to be as big a joke.

About a year ago, Ryder was on Raw a lot as a lackey/butt-of-joke in loads of skits with Edge. I wonder if WWE thought more highly of him at the time, or if those segments got written at Edge's request.

• Paid Members
Fresh off the press, Zack addresses the sign issue.

First time I've seen the "show". I thought it was pretty good throughout but then I LOL'd when he celebrated the snog with his arm in the air.

Not one for impulse purchases but I ordered an invisible skipping rope. It's arrived already!

No doubt he'll get future endevoured soon cause creative cant think of anything to do with him :duh:

I cant understand what wwe want from any of its talent young or old, they seen to blow hot & cold at a moments notice, Sheamus & Drew were the muts nuts for ages then....not so much....they'll probably bounce back though.

It must be pretty disheartening to be a mid or lower carder these days.

Hopefully the end of Superstars (or is it only in the US?) will make them use guys, especially since Smackdown seems to be mostly filler or highlights, live events adverts, from the vault etc.

On Topic: As for the sign thing if its true its just all round pointless by wwe.

Archived