WWE confiscating Zack Ryder signs.

Snitsky's back acne

I remember WCW doing something similar with Chris Jericho - but at least they were paranoid about him going to the opposition.

Yep, I remember reading that in a Power Slam interview with him when he was on his way out. WWE are definitely capable of being as stupid and counterproductive as WCW at its worst when they want to be.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't last weeks Tough Enough all about grabbing opportunities and not waiting for anything to be handed to you?

Yeah pretty much. It smacks of wcw, where even if you try to get yourself over there is no point cause they jut end up not using you. I don't think anyone is saying make Ryder a World Champion, but you know, to see him in competitive matches on TV would be nice.

• Paid Members
Wasn't last weeks Tough Enough all about grabbing opportunities and not waiting for anything to be handed to you?

Yeah pretty much. It smacks of wcw, where even if you try to get yourself over there is no point cause they jut end up not using you. I don't think anyone is saying make Ryder a World Champion, but you know, to see him in competitive matches on TV would be nice.

I am.

• Paid Members

Not surprised as it's not the first time they've done this. I remember them doing a similar thing with Perry Saturn, he was given the moppy gimmick as a punishment for stiffing out a jobber & managed to get it over, really over! As soon as it picked up momentum they dropped it (and him).

What a load of bollocks. Do the WWE honestly think they will be able to stop people liking somebody just because they've decided that he shouldn't be liked. For a company that preaches about American and is so patriotic about the land of the free, they are acting very much like the Nazi's. It wouldn't surprise me to see a load of vignettes next castrating him as being a rapist or something in a desparate bid to stop people liking him

If the next time HHH visits a WWE ring on RAW, it would not surprise me one bit if they threw a pointless beating onto Ryder in that same segment to put him in his place.

As we learnt with Daniel Bryan, WWE doesn't care what the internet fans want or think.

I am.

:thumbsup: well I am too, but we gotta be realistic in our expectations.

Also I hate to be politicz etc! but why not get behind and push a guy that has initiative and can get over by himself? Or at least is trying? Better than some fucking meathead that we are told to like. Honestly haven't seen Ryder on TV in ages, what sort of reaction does he get?

• Paid Members

Well, it's one of two things: Ryder's done something to piss off management behind the scenes and is thus being punished for it, or the frequent assertions that WWE makes, to justify releasing or burying somebody the fans OR the Internet don't like, that "it's up to the wrestlers themselves to get over if they want to be pushed" are actually just bollocks.

One other possibility: maybe they feel they don't have enough heels, and so don't want to risk him being turned face by the crowd. Not really feeling that, though.

• Paid Members

If anything WWE has too many heels. I don't see why WWE would be bothered about him turning babyface as they don't put him on the shows anyway.

Who knows, maybe they're pissed off because of Zack's "Nobody pushes me!", "This is WWE missing the boat" and "I can't get over" comments from his wepisodes.

Whatever the explanation, if this is true, it's incredibly stupid and damaging to the WWE as a whole.

Just caught up on the last two YouTube vids, what a guy Ryder is. He still looks like an idiot, acts like an idiot and has the same shitty catchphrases that he's had for the last long while but he's turned it into his favour by taking the piss out of himself at the same time. Stuff like the 'missing the boat' and 'I'm trying to get over!' skits are so damn simple but I chuckled away at them. It might start getting a bit too much "me vs. WWE" though, and at that point he's not going to last in his current job, unfortunately.

They should have done the same thing with those pesky "Austin 3:16" signs that started popping up in '96.

Yeah, because they obviously didn't want their King Of The Ring winner to get over!

Not that it's not fucking stupid, it's just not the same.

No, it's not "the same" but it's also not a millions miles away.

Austin was King of the Ring winner, but he was hardly a big star. He won KOTR as a last minute replacement (for the dog-house residing HHH) then spend the next 3 PPVs not being booked to appear. Before the KOTR he was jobbing to Savio Vega. He got one PPV after that, beating (the still being jobbed out) HHH in the curtain jerker.

Effectively, they seemed to have no intention of doing anything with Steve until Bret came back and said "I'm working with Steve Austin. OK", and they did exactly what he asked as they were thankful he didn't jump to WCW.

Fans were bringing their signs for the Heel Stone Cold during the phase where he couldn't get on PPV. If that happened now, security would probably be taking the signs away and Austin would be getting jobbed out even more.

Archived