WWE confiscating Zack Ryder signs.

Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members

Didn't HHH laugh out loud when questioned about whether we'll be seeing a Zack Ryder push?

I'm sure WWE just see it as a silly little web show, which it is in a way, but it's getting his gimmick over to thousands of fans, this sign thing may become quite cultish now. They can't confiscate noise, Zack Ryder's name being bellowed out during a RAW main event would be funny, guessing stock crowd noise may come into play there.

Just give him a US/IC Title run already.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't HHH laugh out loud when questioned about whether we'll be seeing a Zack Ryder push?

I'm sure WWE just see it as a silly little web show, which it is in a way, but it's getting his gimmick over to thousands of fans, this sign thing may become quite cultish now. They can't confiscate noise, Zack Ryder's name being bellowed out during a RAW main event would be funny, guessing stock crowd noise may come into play there.

Just give him a US/IC Title run already.

Bring on a "we want Ryder" chant during Raw! :laugh:

I don't get WWE sometimes. They constantly push and fail with stars they try to create themselves then here comes a cult hero backed by a strong pop culture and they're burying him as much as they can. The Universe can't be denied!!

Ryder deserves credit for all his self-marketing and causing such a buzz around himself. Best self-marketer since Matt Hardy.

I don't get WWE sometimes. They constantly push and fail with stars they try to create themselves then here comes a cult hero backed by a strong pop culture and they're burying him as much as they can. The Universe can't be denied!!

Ryder deserves credit for all his self-marketing and causing such a buzz around himself. Best self-marketer since Matt Hardy

And not nearly as big a cunt either so bonus.

Seriously though if this is true then i agree it's a pretty pathatic thing for them to do.

Ryder deserves credit for all his self-marketing and causing such a buzz around himself. Best self-marketer since Matt Hardy.

I'm pretty sure that the aim of marketing isn't to burn your bridges with the market's leading employer and convince 7/8 of your original fan base that you are a fat whining cunt.

If we're talking about the same interview - I think it might have been a Heyman Hustle thing? - I wouldn't even give HHH that much credit. I remember thinking he seemed truly baffled, almost as if he'd never heard of Zack Ryder, let alone thought of using him anywhere. Instead he went on about how, "maybe when the likes of me and The Undertaker have retired..." and just didn't get it at all. Meanwhile The Miz and John Cena lapped it up and put him over.

So if they're confiscating signs, at least there's some kind of office awareness now? And if the problem persists - that terrible problem of having a performer actually drawing an audience - then they can't fight it forever. Hopefully they don't ban him from doing the web-show.

• Paid Members
They should have done the same thing with those pesky "Austin 3:16" signs that started popping up in '96.

Yeah, because they obviously didn't want their King Of The Ring winner to get over!

Not that it's not fucking stupid, it's just not the same.

• Paid Members

Triple H was just having a wee joke. It's what he does. To the ignorant WWE chiefs he's booked as a jobber and people must think of him as a jobber, so the fact he's getting over despite WWE doing nothing with him must confuse poor Triple H.

I think this isn't a very good sign, pre-sacking season. Maybe WWE are about to punt Woo Woo Woo Entertainment and don't want him mentioned at all. I think the UKFF will have a memorial that day. Broski of Hearts - Your time came too soon.

If he does stay and it's just WWE being mental, then you have to wonder how new guys are going to get over. Austin tells everybody on Tough Enough to grab things by the balls and get yourself over, Triple H does the same and tells the roster to step up and you even have ex-writers like Dave Lagana say they're desperate for talent to take the initiative. But why should they if all that happens is you get ignored or black listed. It's not like Zack Ryder is being shit with it either, his stuff is a thousand times better than that shocking Sir Michael Cole segment from RAW.

If WWE weren't so complacent about their product, given the lack of competition and the fact they still shit money when less people want to pay for the product, they would have well put Z True Long Island Story on the air. Sadly this isn't 1998/2000 though, so we get John Morrison on the mic.

Triple H basically buried him. It was on one of Ryder's web-shows, which to me tells me Ryder took it in jest, or he wanted people to see why he's not on tv more. Triple H was asked why Ryder is not on TV more as the 'Zackpack' want to see more of him, he replied "What, you and who else? 2, 3, 4 maybe?" Then quickly changed his tune and said hopefully in the future Ryder will be the one giving a Hall Of Fame induction speech.

After seeing the response to Ryder's True Long Island Story, which is mostly positive, I really don't know why WWE don't have him on TV more. I'm not saying give him a belt but he can obviously entertain.

Archived