Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Devon Malcolm

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Off-Topic Edition!

It does suck when your best mate has lovely pillows. My best mate at uni was like that, we were like 2 peas in a pod most of the time, sleeping in the same bed and all that. Would never had worked between us though, and now we're both married and it's years later I'm glad we just stayed mates.

Being stuck in the friend zone is dreadful. We've all been there*. All the best, chap.

* Apart from keyboard lotharios who have never been turned down of course.

Last night I dreamt I was in the A-team and it was the dullest episode ever, we just went shopping around a supermarket while being pursued half heartedly by the store detective. No guns, explosions or BA refusing to get on a plane or anything. Just Face undecided over weather he should buy an air fresher or not.

I feel so let down by my imagination.

Aww bless! I had strange dream about shrinking toothbrushes, everytime i would try to pick one up it would shrink, then i would go mental due to my frustration, i just wanted to brush my teeth damn it!

I am at work, i work in a high school, its VERY strange being in an empty high school, i feel i should do something but i think the cctv cameras are still on

I had one about Nectar points last night. If I hadn't already been to sleep, that would have sent me to it.

I am at work, i work in a high school, its VERY strange being in an empty high school, i feel i should do something but i think the cctv cameras are still on

A friend of mine is currently doing building work in a gymnasium, one specifically for gymnasts rather than a multi-discipline sports hall, and was regaling us with tales of the job last night. Him and his mate start work at six every morning and have the building to themselves for a couple of hours before any gymnasts or coaches turn up so of course they have had a go. Highlights included an 18 stone builder giving my only slightly more svelte mate a lift up on to the rings following a bet that he could "do a crucifix" - he lost that bet big time. He also reckoned that the vaulting horse couldn't be that difficult so he set up the springboard, the horse and a huge pile of crash mats, took a good run up, hit the springboard well and took air, got in the rotation so that his hands would hit the horse... felt his fags and phone falling out of his top pocket and his change making a break for it as well, lost all concentration and therefore any tension in his arms and managed a perfect face plant on the mats.

I'm not a huge fan of summer but on a day like today I wanna chill out with the window open and relax in minimal clothing except its ruined by sound of multiple kids in the neighbours yard plus their mothers who gossip on with occasional raised voices at the kids, so grating. No wonder I enjoy my summers by strolling about outside with a pint and smoke at 3am, its the most peaceful time of the day, like I'm the only man on the earth.

Huh, didn't quite expect that. Definitely that Midas comment...it's NOTHING like that.

I don't want to get with her. Yes, we're very close but it's more of a sibling relationship we've got. I've heard that from quite a few of our friends, so I'll gladly take that. The "friend zone" is where we sit, and we're both very comfortable there.

We've both got someone else as well. I realise it looks like I'm trying to defend/justify myself a bit too much...but well, yeah.

I'm not a huge fan of summer but on a day like today I wanna chill out with the window open and relax in minimal clothing except its ruined by sound of multiple kids in the neighbours yard.

Working nights is awful in Summer. You come home, unwind for a couple of hours and get into bed about 10 or 11 in the morning while the sun blazes outside. It's bad enough the heat has me sleeping on top of the covers bollock naked, but the neighbours have three kids who do nothing but run around the back garden. They put on a BBQ last weekend, the shits, which meant they had loads of family around, which in turn meant there were a shitload of more kids around.

After working all night, being woken in the middle of the afternoon by screaming children while the whiff of a BBQ floats into your bedroom is torture. Absolute torture. I've worked nights for years for a few different companies, I really need to start looking for a day job.

I'm not a huge fan of summer but on a day like today I wanna chill out with the window open and relax in minimal clothing except its ruined by sound of multiple kids in the neighbours yard.

Working nights is awful in Summer. You come home, unwind for a couple of hours and get into bed about 10 or 11 in the morning while the sun blazes outside. It's bad enough the heat has me sleeping on top of the covers bollock naked, but the neighbours have three kids who do nothing but run around the back garden. They put on a BBQ last weekend, the shits, which meant they had loads of family around, which in turn meant there were a shitload of more kids around.

After working all night, being woken in the middle of the afternoon by screaming children while the whiff of a BBQ floats into your bedroom is torture. Absolute torture. I've worked nights for years for a few different companies, I really need to start looking for a day job.

5 mins ago the burning stench of BBQ has started floating in my window funnily enough, fucking rank. My neighbourhood is like a graveyard except for these huge bellends and their wall of noise. Sorry we both have to suffer so, I cannot wait for it to piss it down next. I'll no doubt be in bed to sleep myself in a couple of hours but the windows will have to be firmly shut for that to happen.

I had one about Nectar points last night. If I hadn't already been to sleep, that would have sent me to it.

I once had a dream that was so boring I woke myself up.. I vividly remember the sensation but I'm struggling to remember what the dream was actually about.

I have a mental image of hay bales / a brick wall. Like something from a really dull repetetive puzzle..

I hate that. When it's mega busy at work, I end up having dreams about fixing bugs or moving stuff around an edit. Occasionally I've had Excel dreams. You wake up and think "Jesus, even in my sleep!"

I got a free Scorpion poster with my Mortal Kombat today. 32 or not, it's going on the wall behind the pit, whether she likes it or no...

Well, we'll see later anyway. It'll probably wind up with a compromise on the back of the jacks door.