Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Devon Malcolm

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Off-Topic Edition!

Have you seen much/any of Jim Jefferies stuff Gladstone? I find that a lot of Stanhope fans also like him. They share the same quality of at first seeming overly brash & shocking but underneath there's an honesty & warmth that comes through their material. I think you'd like him.

I think I started one of his shows that they have on Netflix but didn't finish it for one reason or another, I think I was probably working and not concentrating on it. Might give it another shot after I've finished some Richard Herring and the rest George Carlin's HBO shows.

I went to see Jim Jeffries about four years ago and he was brilliant. I don't go for the comparisons with Doug Stanhope because I think Stanhope is shit and a one trick pony.

I think I started one of his shows that they have on Netflix but didn't finish it for one reason or another, I think I was probably working and not concentrating on it. Might give it another shot after I've finished some Richard Herring and the rest George Carlin's HBO shows.

More good stuff! I've actually got a date for Richard Herring's tour next April. Thus far I've sold 2 tickets for it

Has anyone ever been funnier than George Carlin? "No Butch" is the answer to that rhetorical question.

Has anyone ever been funnier than George Carlin? "No Butch" is the answer to that rhetorical question.

On a consistent long-running basis, no Butch. I think the outright funniest show I've ever seen in An Audience With Billy Connolly. But over about 30 years, Carlin was ALWAYS funny. One of the best things about US Netflix is that it has all his HBO shows. He's definitely overall the funniest stand-up I've ever seen.

Over such a long career I'd agree that only Connolly comes close. Louis CK is probably the most consistent comic working today.

I quite liked the first couple of shows I watched by Louis CK but I suspect I would tire of him quite quickly. I'm going to do his TV series when I've finished Trailer Park Boys ( :love: ), though.

Absolutely. It's fantastic. It's got far more depth and warmth to it than you could possibly imagine when you first see it. I'm halfway through series 3 and it gets better and better. Butch is the proper Trailer Park Boys expert round here, though, he'll give you a better appraisal of it.

Is it just me that finds the majority of American comedy to be shit and unfunny then?

We're not discussing the majority of American comedy, just the decent stuff.

In any case, Trailer Park Boys is Canadian and you should definitely give it a chance.