Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Off-Topic Edition!

It's true though. Milk in with teabag never gives good tea.

I tend to put bag in, add water, leave for 5 minutes or so, squeeze the absolute life out of bag, throw bag in bin and add a small amount of milk. Nice and strong.

Textbook Builders brew. Ideally should stain the inside of the mug

My dad's a builder and if the property he's working on doesn't have running water yet, he cleans his mug out with sand.

If you had said your dad was a lumberjack and did that, I'd have given him manliest man on earth...but he'll have to settle for manliest dad in Western Europe, if that's okay Gladdy sir.

Pfft you're all a bunch of savages.

Tea bag, water, leave for 5mins, squeeze the hell out of the bag, half a teaspoon of sugar then splash of milk.

Sugar before milk is better as it dissolves quicker.

Some joker passing in a car shouted at me "Got any barbers where you come from boy!" in a very bad Southern American accident. Bizarre.

What is the point in slagging off somebody when you are in a car and speeding off? Makes you look like a cunt of the highest order.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

I only drink green tea, usually let it sit for around 150 seconds with the bag in. If I'm using leaves, I just leave them in while I'm drinking.

I'm amazed regular tea is still selling so well, to be honest, with the amount of alternatives. Coffee for a start is far better, though I've even given that up since I got addicted to Relentless, the caffeine intake was giving me heart palpitations, though it was probably a mental thing.

P.S. Just seen a nineteen year old in trackies, burberry polo and chain in Tesco buying a easter egg, a copy of Clubland 17 and a litre of 'Kick Stimulation Drink'. Not going to lie, it warmed my heart to know these people still exist adding a bit of variety to society.

Edited by RIP Diva Sunny

All this tea making shit is making me confused. Next time I'm near a kettle I'm going to have to spend at least an hour trying to decide which one of you is right. You bastards.

Everybody accepts that you need boiling water to make tea, right? And that using just hot water tastes shit, right?

Well, if you put in milk first, that's exactly what you're doing, you're immediately cooling down the hot water as it hits the bag. And it tastes foul. If that's how you make your tea, you should try it the other way round, you'll appreciate the results.

Some joker passing in a car shouted at me "Got any barbers where you come from boy!" in a very bad Southern American accident. Bizarre.

What is the point in slagging off somebody when you are in a car and speeding off? Makes you look like a cunt of the highest order.

STFU and get a haircut, hippie!

I thought this would be the best place to put this... Im driving to Central London tomorrow morning, and with M1's Junctions 1 to 4 being screwed up at the moment, whats the best route to take? Google Maps isnt really giving me a clear indication.

Anybody who puts the milk in tea with a teabag doesn't deserve to be called English, or British at a push.

The BEST way of making a cup of tea is this:

Place the teabag on your teaspoon and hold it over the mug.

Pour the boiling water slowly over/through the teabag into the mug. The slower you pour, the stronger the tea.

Then put aside the teaba, and add sugar and then milk to taste. The milk and the teabag should never touch.

Bang on! :thumbsup:

For my shame, I mostly drink my tea without milk from a free machine at work. But if you're going to make tea with milk right, Hugh Fearnley-Whiitingstall shows the way:

Now, to make my tea, I need two good-sized mugs. I boil the kettle. The hot water goes into one mug first, stays for a few seconds so the mug is heated, then goes into the second mug. The tea bag goes into the first, hot, mug, boiling water is poured in, to within a couple of millimetres of the top, and the two mugs, one containing brewing tea, and the other containing hot water, are left to stand. After about five minutes, the mug of brewed tea is placed in the sink, where some new hot water (freshly re-boiled) from the kettle, is sloshed into it, so it overflows by about half a mug. This is to stop the well-brewed tea being too strong. The full-to-overflowing mug is now tilted a little bit, so it spills out enough tea to allow room for some milk.

Remember the second mug, full of the hot (now not so hot, but still quite hot) water that was used to warm the first mug? That is now emptied. The tea bag is fished out from the first

Am I the only sad-act who still always uses a teapot?

Hot water in teapot with tea bags and leave to brew for 2 minutes. Milk in cup. Stir teapot and pour into cup. Blinding.

I don't like Tea & Coffee either, much rather hit up some water. As a kid I drank plenty of tea, was obsessed with it but I put tons of sugar in so I'm lucky I'm not diabetic in my old age. Definitely agree that Bag & Milk should never meet.

Anyone have any methods for making Rustler burgers. Now before I start, I'm not a big fan of them but sometimes they are an only resort or going cheap in shop. If you cook them as directed they are like soggy shite.

So I bang it on a plate, set it off on full power for 1:40, after 40 seconds I take it out, remove the warmed up bread and place the meat on a piece of kitchen roll then back on the plate and finish the last minute, the tissue soaks up all the extra fat I don't want to eat instead of it flowing into the bread like it normally would. Then I reassemble it using whatever extras I feel like, I'll add grated cheese and Heinz ketchup on a regular burger, I'll still lob the shit cheese slice included on top. After that it tastes quite palatable compared to the normal way of making it.