Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Off-Topic Edition!

Anybody who puts the milk in tea with a teabag doesn't deserve to be called English, or British at a push.

The BEST way of making a cup of tea is this:

Place the teabag on your teaspoon and hold it over the mug.

Pour the boiling water slowly over/through the teabag into the mug. The slower you pour, the stronger the tea.

Then put aside the teaba, and add sugar and then milk to taste. The milk and the teabag should never touch.

Almost right, I pour the water through the teabag but then I add the milk and squeeze the life out of it.

Apparantly the milk first/water first argument is a class divide. In the old days, poorer people had weak cups and so had to put the milk in first because boiling water would crack them.

God save our gracious Queen,

Long live our noble Queen,

God save the Queen!

Send her victorious,

Happy and glorious,

Milk and teabag should never touch.

God save the Queen!

Excellent. It even fits the verse perfectly!

It's true though. Milk in with teabag never gives good tea.

I tend to put bag in, add water, leave for 5 minutes or so, squeeze the absolute life out of bag, throw bag in bin and add a small amount of milk. Nice and strong.

I prefer the teabag in cup, sugar in cup, add boiling water, squeeze teabag, discard teabag then add milk method personally.

Nearly right, except the sugar's meant to go in after the milk.

My wife puts the SUGAR in the cup before anything else. That's grounds for divorce, right?

I tend to put bag in, add water, leave for 5 minutes or so, squeeze the absolute life out of bag, throw bag in bin and add a small amount of milk. Nice and strong.

Textbook Builders brew. Ideally should stain the inside of the mug

My dad's a builder and if the property he's working on doesn't have running water yet, he cleans his mug out with sand.

My dad's a builder and if the property he's working on doesn't have running water yet, he cleans his mug out with sand.

My Dads a joiner and always used to do it. I sometimes think he resents if they have running water and he doesn't get to do it

My Dads a joiner and always used to do it. I sometimes think he resents if they have running water and he doesn't get to do it

Indeed. Mind you, not a stain on his mug. Sand > Fairy liquid.

Edited by Gladstone Small