UFC 130: Hamill vs Rampage Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The UFC love Brian Stann, his story, the way he fights and looks.

The UFC may love him, but I sure don't. I don't mind him from bell to bell, but when he starts talking and going on about all the military nonsense I just switch off.

I'd love for Wanderlei to KO Stann.

Oh I agree on that, I enjoy him as a fighter he is rarely in a boring fight but I couldnt care less when he woffles on about the military. Unfortunatly Americans love that shit up (as I am sure you well know David), that is why the UFC love him.

I agree they go way overboard with the hype of Stann and the "We love America" crap - but he is a terrific pundit, superb whenever he has been on MMA Live.

The UFC may love him, but I sure don't. I don't mind him from bell to bell, but when he starts talking and going on about all the military nonsense I just switch off.

Oh I agree on that, I enjoy him as a fighter he is rarely in a boring fight but I couldnt care less when he woffles on about the military. Unfortunatly Americans love that shit up (as I am sure you well know David), that is why the UFC love him.

I agree they go way overboard with the hype of Stann and the "We love America" crap - but he is a terrific pundit, superb whenever he has been on MMA Live.

Yes he does come across very well in interviews and seems comfortable in front of the camera, somthing else the UFC will love. He is a public relations dream, Yahoo have an article on their frontpage going over the star potential Stann has right now.

As for him fighting Wanderlai, well if Wanderlai gets past Leben (which I think he will) I would favor Stann at this point but by very little. People forget that Wanderlai looked good against Bisping last time out.

• Paid Members

I think Anderson Silva would annihilate Stann to be honest. Since the Leben fight and now especially after the Santiago fight I'm seeing a lot of people saying Stann's gonna be the one to KO Anderson. I don't see it myself. He's a heavy hitter yeah but he brings nowt to the table that Franklin, Hendo, Belfort etc didn't bring for me.

Apart from looking like Action Man what does he have that they didn't? Anderson would embarrass Stann in a similar fashion to how he tooled Leben imo.

• Paid Members

I heard Stann was in the marines..I think they might have mentioned that once or twice.

Seriously I don't mind him but it is becoming really boring all the 'GI Joe..Gawd Bless America' shit. No need to tell us about it every 2 minutes and every pre and post fight interview surely. I bet Stann's got a fucking camoflague bedcover, pyjamas, slippers the lot. And his doorbell probably plays machine gun fire.

struvejohnson.jpg

:laugh: thats brilliant

• Paid Members

I thought the same thing watching Stann's fight this weekend. He completely commits to his strikes stepping right through when he throws his right. Against a counter striker of Silva's quality he'll get picked apart just like Forrest Griffin did.

I was really disappointed with Roy Nelson, obviously I didn't expect him to come out like Jose Aldo but I also didn't expect him to be that fucked after one round.

• Paid Members
I have the feeling from Dana's interviews at the weekend that unless Roy drops some serious weight he'll be gone before too long.

I've just seen this quote from Mike Dolce on BloodyElbow. Says he thinks he could help Roy drop to 205 or even 185

"The heavyweight division is just filled with guys that walk around not paying attention to diet because they only think in terms of weight class, they don

• Paid Members

spot the difference

0edc4_brian-stann-9-sm.jpgAction-man-001.jpg

greigqq8.jpgDSC017481.jpg

and one he didn't want to get out but I bring you the exclusive via my reliable sources at Google Images

gayactionman5yl.jpg

'Brianna' Stann was the Marine's equivolent of a ring rat from what I hear but they don't mention that on the UFC Countdowns

Archived