UFC 130: Hamill vs Rampage Discussion Thread

David

• Paid Members

sucks for Pickett :( he potentially could be the biggest star in UK MMA, he's new to the UFC and of the Uure FC fighters who are from the UK, Pickett has the most exciting fights, he just hasn't had the exposure yet.

Johnson's a good replacement though. He deserves a big fight after the KID win.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Pickett has pulled out of the fight against Torres. Demetrious Johnson has stepped up to replace him.

That's unfortunate for Pickett as I had this being a sort of coming out night for him, and really fancied him beating Torres here. Have to agree with Metal on Metal that even with a win he wasn't getting a title shot next, as in his previous fight but one he lost to Jorgenson (in what I had as my second favourite WEC fight of last year). I've got Nelson beating Mir also, and fairly handily. Not too fussed either way regarding the main event, and Rampage is going to knock Hamill into the middle of next week.

Gutted about Pickett too. I had him and Torres pegged for FOTN on this card. This was a huge opportunity for Pickett, shame he's got injured. Hopefully he isn't out too long.

Happy Mighty Mouse got the call, after beating KID he deserves a big name fight. I was a tad surprised they had him matched up with Renan Barao on the unaired prelims originally.

• 2 weeks later...
Edgar and Maynard are both injured and hence the fight has been cancelled. There will be no replacement and Rampage vs Hamill is now the main event.

Beat me to this shit news. I was really looking forward to this fight. Be interesting to see what happens in the Lightweight division in the meantime.

This show isn't having much luck is it? good job they have Rampage on the card to try and sell the PPV but I don't think may people were too excited about him fighting Hamill in the 1st place never mind as a main event.

It still should be a good show though even just to see Mir get knocked out ( hopefully :smug: )

That is shit news, I was really looking forward to that title fight. I have no interest in seeing Rampage vs. Hamill at all, never mind in a main event. The rest of the card should still be good though.

• Paid Members

Shitty news. I don't think the show will be harmed much in the way of ppv buys or anything cause i still ain't sure if edgar or maynard are much of a draw. It does take the shine off it though cause its always nice to have a title fight on top. Fuck it, come the night ill be settling in with my beers and it'll be all good.

• Paid Members
The prelims really have been destoryed by injury, rather annoying as they could have been some of the best prelims in a long time. Main card is still awesome

Yeah this is one of them cards that seems cursed. Originally it was gonna be Rampage vs Thiago Silva but Silva was taken out. Then Pickett got injured, then KID, then Cody McKenzie and now the fuckin main event is off.

Rampage/Hamill isn't a great headliner but I'm sure it'll be a good fight at least. Plenty of good fights still, I'm picking Alves/Story for FOTN honours.

Mir vs Nelson is a more worthy main event.

Good call actually, I agree with this. Maybe they're a bit hesitant to put Mir in a headline position after the Cro Cop debacle. Plus Rampage is a bigger name than Mir or Nelson. I do think Mir/Nelson is a more interesting fight though.

Archived