Britain's Got Talent 2011

Zebra Kid Mark

Not seen it yet but really dislike singers on this show and its always little kids, pensioners or weirdos. To make matters worse none of these would ever make it on the X-Factor so looks even worse.

Well the singing gypsy could certainly be classed as a bit of a weirdo but he seems like a nice enough chap and his voice and guitar playing skills is top draw.

• Paid Members

It just feels shit now Simon and Piers are gone. I didn't like them as people, but they added a slight hint of seriousness to the show, at least for the people auditioning. I caught it last night on the ITV Player and it was a chore to sit through.

Not seen it yet but really dislike singers on this show and its always little kids, pensioners or weirdos. To make matters worse none of these would ever make it on the X-Factor so looks even worse.

Well the singing gypsy could certainly be classed as a bit of a weirdo but he seems like a nice enough chap and his voice and guitar playing skills is top draw.

Don't get me wrong that you can get good singers and my point wasn't that 'because he is a gypsy he's a weirdo' but because the X-Factor tries to find the perfect singer it makes any singer on BGT look like a 2nd rate version, that and the fact that if they were really good they would win the X-Factor. Just don't like singers on this show, if I want a singer I would watch X-Factor (I do watch it as it goes) so could do without two singer winners in the same year.

Much prefer the dance, comedy, animals type acts although it tends to be very samish now, girl with a dog, kiddy dancers, double act, comedian who can do voices of celebs, gymnasts and a street dance from kids on a council estate.

• Paid Members
The old guy who did the dance medley was a pleasant surprise, as fun as it was I can see it getting old fast....like most acts really.

Its a one hit wonder. It is funny the first time because of the suprise. You never get that effect again and it never works again.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed the show. Michael McIntyre was fantastic as a judge I thought, though I'm undecided about The Hoff at this present time...I DID miss Simon Cowell, though Piers Morgan wasn't a great loss. Because of the lack of Cheryl Cole to flirt with, Simon Cowell's infinitely more enjoyable on BGT than on X Factor. I'll be interested to hear how the show does in the ratings though, with the new panel and lack of Cowell it's bound to take a ratings hit. The question is, how severe?

The old guy who did the dance medley was a pleasant surprise, as fun as it was I can see it getting old fast....like most acts really.

It was pretty much a rip off of Evolution of Dance.

Edit:

Having seen it again they did mention Spellbound.

it wasn't pretty much a rip-off, it was a complete rip-off.

Distinct lack of street-dancing in the first episode, think I only saw 3 or 4 and they were only in the short segments. Im sure that there will be a featured street-danceer/'crew' soon enough though.

As for the guitarist/singer, he was alright but i wouldnt say he was anything special or out of this world fantastic.

The main talking point around the water cooler was what the fuck was with that guy pretending to be a dolphin?

Was a laugh, the Hoff and Michael Mcintyre have saved this becoming identical to last few even though the acts are all the bloody same anyway. As for the guitar playing lad who proposed in 'Buffet World' and has an admittedly unplanned baby on the way, well he was alright. This kind of thing pisses me off though, he's a lad who'd play a few songs in a pub and the few regulars would enjoy and think he's talented enough. But c'mon, not having model looks but still being moderately talented does not make you amazing like this show seems to think so.

• Paid Members

I wish they'd just be honest about the concept of the show. Instead of being a "talent contest", they should just have a preliminary test to show a basic level of musical competence. Once you get through that, it's simply ugliest wins.

• Paid Members
The main talking point around the water cooler was what the fuck was with that guy pretending to be a dolphin?

I'm guessing the guy either lost a bet with his friends, or made a bet that he could get on the TV. He didn't seem quite insane enough to actually run with that as a serious act.

• Paid Members

What the heck was with that singing dog act?! The girl was absolutely stunning, as was her voice, in terms of career prospects she'd quite possibly have been better off auditioning by herself.

That dancer was phenomenal though. I was fully braced to hate the guy, but he was unbelievable, possibly the best dancer they've ever had on the show.

The Glasgow guy made me laugh, but like a lot of the acts this year, he's kind of a one trick pony. Once the surprise element's gone it's not quite as amusing.

Archived